Nice Palmer article in the New York Times

Going Underground

Palmer, at 70, is anything but lonely. He is married with a stepson and two grown daughters, and still works road trips and home games in the Orioles? broadcast booth. He is surrounded by baseball, and by fans who adore him.

?I always tell people now, Tell them who I used to be,?? Palmer said. ?Fathers will come up to me at card shows, or they see me at the ballpark and go, ?He was one of the greatest pitchers ever.? I never really thought of that. I mean, I was proud of what I was able to do, but everything we did was a collective thing.?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/29/sports/baseball/jim-palmer-at-70-is-still-talking-pitching.html?_r=0

I will be presenting a powerful. moving piece about Jim, Susan AND Spencer very soon on OH. It will likely air on MASN too. I hope you will look for it. Im humbled to say it is among my favorite interviews and pieces I have ever done. You wont forget it when you see it.

Thanks Roy.I like some human interests stories sometimes. Sometimes we get too bogged down by statistics .

Due to his long broadcast career, I think Palmer is the most familiar of all the Oriole greats. I really feel I could sit down with the guy and have a long conversation about the Orioles, or baseball or life in general, and not feel intimidated. He's super-proud but at the same time, he's down to earth and seems to have really solid values.

I will be presenting a powerful, moving piece about Jim, Susan AND Spencer very soon on OH. It will likely air on MASN too. I hope you will look for it. Im humbled to say it is among my favorite interviews and pieces I have ever done. You wont forget it when you see it.

My Baltimore Orioles tags are 0022 so I will be looking forward to seeing this interview Roy.

Archived