Sunday, April 27th @ Chicago White Sox

The Rick

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
God I wish they'd go out and try to get somebody. I can't stand another year of the same dead-assed, impotent lineup. 10th in BA, 11th in runs scored, 11th in OBP...doesn't it get old?

The only stat that matters is wins and losses. Right now we're doing pretty well at that one.

The only stat that matters is wins and losses. Right now we're doing pretty well at that one.

No kidding.

In the winter, everybody was saying how losing 100 was just fine with them, just so we trade Erik and Miggi... and I was thinking, "Yeah, people are gonna be fine with losing, uh-huh, sure they are..." Meanwhile, the team's in 1st place and people do nothing but complain. Can you imagine what it's gonna be like around here when they get in a losing streak?

I agree that we're supposed to be rebuilding, Pushmonkey. So why don't we try doing it instead of sending Millars, Huffs and Moras out there game after game? It w/b one thing if we had talent in the minors that was close. But there's nothing above Frederick.

Rshack, I don't care about wins and losses. But when you have gaping holes in your lineup and the same holes in the minor league system, then it's time to make some moves.

No kidding.

In the winter, everybody was saying how losing 100 was just fine with them, just so they trade Erik and Miggi... and I was thinking, "Yeah, people are gonna be fine with losing, uh-huh, sure they are..." Meanwhile, the team's in 1st place and people do nothing but complain. Can you imagine what it's gonna be like around here when they get in a losing streak?

Maybe they're irate because Brian's still here?

Maybe they're irate because Brian's still here?

I don't think so. I think that's just a very small (and, IMO, wacko) minority. My theory is that some folks just aren't emotionally equipped very well to cope with baseball ;-)

I agree that we're supposed to be rebuilding, Pushmonkey. So why don't we try doing it instead of sending Millars, Huffs and Moras out there game after game? It w/b one thing if we had talent in the minors that was close. But there's nothing above Frederick.

So are they supposed to waive a magic wand and get prospects to replace Millar, Huff and Mora? I do tend to think MacPhail has been a little too focused on getting pitching prospects in the trades he's made, but he only has/had so many chips to trade. You can't repair 10 years worth of damage all at once. The best chance to make it go as quickly as possible is to build some value for guys like Millar, Huff, Mora, Payton and Ramon so that you can try to trade them for a prospect each at the deadline. Obviously that's far from guaranteed to work, but I don't know what a better option would be given what we had to start with.

I don't think so. I think that's just a very small (and, IMO, wacko) minority. My theory is that some folks just aren't emotionally equipped very well to cope with baseball ;-)

I also think it's just the simple fact that people (myself included) exaggerate when posting on message boards.

Archived