Sunday, April 27th @ Chicago White Sox

The Rick

You think bringing him in yesterday when we're up 5 and pitching like **** is better than him coming in today when we're down 3?

I don't understand why some people can't accept that it's up to the players to do their jobs.

You don't know if I can "accept that it's up to the player to do their jobs" or not since I didn't say anything about that. You got a problem with somebody else, not me. Take it on them.

And, yes I do think it would have been a better idea to bring Aquino in yesterday (or a couple of other time in the last eleven days).

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You don't know if I can "accept that it's up to the player to do their jobs" or not since I didn't say anything about that. You got a problem with somebody else, not me. Take it on them.

And, yes I do think it would have been a better idea to bring Aquino in yesterday (or a couple of other time in the last eleven days).

The problem is "Exactly when?". I think DT was looking for a mop-up job, but we didn't really have any. So, he finally let him pitch in a not-quite mop-up job, and Aquino turned it into a no-doubt-about-it mop-up job for other guys.

I agree that the last couple weeks didn't provide the best opportunities for Aquino, but I don't see what else DT should have done, really. The fact that we went that long without mop-up opportunities is bad for Aquino, but good for the team. It's just seems like one of those things, that's all.

But I'm glad DT didn't use him to maybe (probably?) blow a win.

Archived