TT: The Orioles are a mediocre team

Tony-OH

Hey, I did it to Ryan Mountcastle earlier in the year so why not to the Orioles? It's a gift! lol

Seriously though, I'm enjoying this run and hope it keeps up, but this year's team and how it's put together suggests a swoon will come again. Let's hope they can limit those down times and stay as consistent as they can.

A swoon will unquestionably come, because there are still more than 100 games that are left to be played.

They question is, will the swoon(s) be so long and hurtful that it will have the Orioles sitting at or only slightly above .500 by mid-September ???

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No pick required for Happ either.

Yeah but I still don't sign Happ for what the Jays did in the off season. He got a lot of money for a guy that had a good few months in the NL He was bad the in his last 120 starts in the American League. with an ERA near 5. I am not sure what the Pirates did but you still can't sign a guy that has don nothing for 5 years based on a handful of starts when it is a multi year deal and he is 33.

Hey, I did it to Ryan Mountcastle earlier in the year so why not to the Orioles? It's a gift! lol

Seriously though, I'm enjoying this run and hope it keeps up, but this team's year and how it's put together suggests a swoon will come again. Let's hope they can limit those down times and stay as consistent as they can.

Shoot some DJ Stewart's way, willya?

A swoon will unquestionably come, because there are still more than 100 games that are left to be played.

They question is, will the swoon(s) be so long and hurtful that it will have the Orioles sitting at or only slightly above .500 by mid-September ???

The Orioles have already been through two "swoons, that now look like nothing more than 4-game losing blips on the calendar. For all of the Orioles' problems they are staying lock-step in line with the Red Sox and Jays. They are murdering the Non-Houston teams they should be getting fat on and holding their own against the elite. Find an arm, any arm, to stabilize the rotation and there is no reason to think the Orioles can't keep doing what they are doing.

Stewart is on FIRE!

You know, I actually checked him out before posting and noticed that his last two weeks have been really great, but I posted anyway because everybody knows the Orioles are terrible at drafting and worse at developing and I didn't want to cause any trouble....

OK seriously, how great would it be if the light bulb came on for Stewart and he actually made it to the bigs? Long way to go, but I have my fingers crossed.

When this team is right and the bats are hot they are so fun to watch. On the other hand when they are cold and are struggling man do they look so bad. It's almost like a Heavy weight fighter that if he hits you he knocks you out but stay away from the right hook and he has no shot.

When this team is right and the bats are hot they are so fun to watch. On the other hand when they are cold and are struggling man do they look so bad. It's almost like a Heavy weight fighter that if he hits you he knocks you out but stay away from the right hook and he has no shot.

Honestly, I think there's a little bit of familiarity bias in watching the Os, w/r/t inconsistency. I'd venture to guess perceived inconsistency (particularly vs. the norm) is a source of frustration for all fans. The mythical consistent teams are probably few and far between.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is about a 2% chance we are above .500 on June 21st with our pitching and hitting.

We had a lot of fools gold to start the season and we bought the kool aid.

We now have jones hitting lead off and Davis and his slightly above .200 BA hitting in the cleanup spot, no 3b to speak of and some light hitting corner outfielders.

Our starters are pretty awful outside of Tillman and Wilson. Our top FA pitching signing is on the DL and who knows how he will pitch when he gets back?

To think we are just in a "rough stretch" is to completely ignore reality.

THE MIRACLE LONG SHOT HAS COME TRUE!

We are 12 games over .500 and we have 11 games between now and June 21.

The 2% chance has happened, we will be above .500 on June 21.

I assume this will be the lead story on SportsCenter tonight. I mean, a 50 to 1 longshot hitting is big news.

I assume this will be the lead story on SportsCenter tonight. I mean, a 50 to 1 longshot hitting is big news.

Here's the headline: FOOLS GOLD DROWNS IN KOOL AID. ORIOLES FO IN CRISIS.

(No charge for this one ESPN, but don't expect me to keep doing this for free)

Aw, man, I feel like I missed something. Was this June 21/over .500 thing an actual betting option somewhere, or just something a knucklehead at ESPN spewed a month or two ago? Either way, it's pretty funny!

Mediocre is kind

I had them as 70-92 pre-season, and maybe their hot start will keep them from 92 losses but it will

still be close.

I still can't believe a ML team gave Chris Davis a 7 yr 165 million dollar contract.

Perhaps the credit for that goes to Adam Jones for bending Peter Angelos' ear.

With his lobbying for Davis and his 75 OPS+ I'd give him the 2016 Oriole MVP

In less than two weeks, jones' OPS+ has bumped up to 89.

There is about a 2% chance we are above .500 on June 21st with our pitching and hitting.

We had a lot of fools gold to start the season and we bought the kool aid.

We now have jones hitting lead off and Davis and his slightly above .200 BA hitting in the cleanup spot, no 3b to speak of and some light hitting corner outfielders.

Our starters are pretty awful outside of Tillman and Wilson. Our top FA pitching signing is on the DL and who knows how he will pitch when he gets back?

To think we are just in a "rough stretch" is to completely ignore reality.

He had a hot take.

Archived