vs. YANKEES, 6/04

Sessh

I wouldn't have had a problem with him batting Kim, but you do realize that basically NOBODY in the majors has hit a home run off Chapman from the left side in the last 5 years. He gave up 3 doubles, 0 triples, and 0 home runs to lefties in the last 3 seasons combined for a 408 OPS. He is basically unhittable for lefties. If it were me, I would have pinch hit Reimold for Alvarez against Miller, but Potato, potahto, IMHO.

Sure, but the Orioles didn't need a HR there. They needed for the inning to continue with two outs.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapman threw a pitch in the dirt in his warm ups. It hit the catcher on the thumb. The catcher immediately reacted like he was seriously hurt. Chapman never broke expression as he stood on the mound calling for another ball from the umpire. They didn't show him the whole time, but he looked like he really didn't give a flip that a wild pitch just really hurt his catcher when he was on camera.

Similar to when C.C. Sabathia hit Nick Markais, and while Markakis immediately ran into the dugout in pain (his thumb was fractured) Sabtahia argued vehemently with the home plate umpire, insisting that Markakis swung, and should subsequently be charged with a strike.

At least Markakis was on the other team ...... Andrew Romine is Chapman's teammate.

408 OPS for lefties over the last THREE SEASONS. They simply don't hit him. It has nothing to do with homers. Again, I have no issue with Kim hitting, but those acting like it is an obvious mistake to pinch hit for him are just not correct. Kim would have had very, very little chance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Plus he only has like 3 at bats vs lefties.

408 OPS for lefties over the last THREE SEASONS. They simply don't hit him. It has nothing to do with homers. Again, I have no issue with Kim hitting, but those acting like it is an obvious mistake to pinch hit for him are just not correct. Kim would have had very, very little chance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After Jones walked, I would have just rolled with fate.

On the other hand, that also seemed like a classic time for Nolan to remind us why we all love him.

Archived