April 28/August 25, Orioles at White Sox

bretholmes4

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Then why is the coach there?

Samuel takes a big part of the blame but as a baserunner you know where the ball is hit and that it is hit slow so you have to be concious that the SS might throw behind you there. I'm just saying a good, experienced baserunner probably doesn't get caught there.

As hard as it is to hit and field right now, I disagree. A 2-1 pitch, the guy just needs to make contact. any ball that he gets down will be hard for the fielders to make a play on because of the conditions. Good call by Guillen, bad execution by the batter.

Honestly. It was a fine call by Ozzie, and really just good luck for the Orioles. Johnson gave him a high, inside fastball. Very difficult to bunt.

Homerun, Hernadez!!!! :)

Samuel takes a big part of the blame but as a baserunner you know where the ball is hit and that it is hit slow so you have to be concious that the SS might throw behind you there. I'm just saying I doubt an good, experienced baserunner probably doesn't get caught there.

You're reaching. If your coach says make the turn, you do it... period.

Samuel takes a big part of the blame but as a baserunner you know where the ball is hit and that it is hit slow so you have to be concious that the SS might throw behind you there. I'm just saying I doubt an good, experienced baserunner probably doesn't get caught there.

What part of "the play was behind him don't you get?" He can't see it. He has to rely on the coach or he does something even worse by looking back, slowing his stride, and possibly getting thrown out that way.

Archived