Updates on Hunter Harvey

Norfolk orioles

12 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

I suspect that there is a good chance that he starts the season at AA-Bowie instead of Advanced-A Frederick, and I'll explain why.

The reason being is that last September when Roy Firestone first informed us that he had heard from a source within the organization that Harvey could conceivably be promoted to the Orioles as early as June of 2018, he said that it was contingent on "how well he pitches at AA-Bowie in April and May."

Hence, the language that was used in that piece of information makes me sense that he will be pitching at the AA-level In April and May instead of at the Advanced-A level.

o

I think Hunter could start a few games in Frederick since he is the highest priority pitcher in the minors right now, and I doubt they want to rush him. If he has success than he can move quickly to Bowie. 

7 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Yeah, we could use a really good fan forum for the Orioles. Maybe one where you could even post comments about how hopeless the team is while the game is being played. And if an Oriole hits a homer some guy could post his full name in orange and black letters. Great idea!  xD  xD

Seems kinda tacky to be honest.  ;)

44 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Why?   That’s about 61%, about average for a major league pitcher.  

I am interested in his desire to develop the changeup. It appears he has identified that as a deficiency in his arsenal. Given the plan to start him at Bowie, is he well served with  Kennie Steenstra as his pitching coach? 

15 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

The only even vague reason to bring Harvey up this year is if for some reason this team is in contention, he's pitching well and has innings to give, and the Orioles could use him in the pen.

Other that, he needs to spend all of 2018 starting every five days in a minor league rotation as he builds up innings.

This is absolutely correct.  Hopefully, the Orioles follow suit. 

o

1 Earned Run over 3 innings Pitched.

Harvey went 3 innings for the first time this spring.

The pitch-count is unavailable, because I totally suck.

9 OUTS: ) 4 Flyouts, 3 Strikeouts, 2 Groundouts

HUNTER LUKE HARVEY )))))) (vs. RED SOX, 3/11))))))) [Spring Training]

IP:lll 3

H:lll.l 4 )) (1 Home Run, 3 Singles)

R:lllll 2

ER:l1

BB:lll1

SO:ll.3

Pitches: )l (Unavailable, because I totally suck.

2018 ERA: )l 3.86 )l(Spring Training))  7.00 IP  (3 ER)

2018 WHIP: )l 1.857 )l(Spring Training) )  7.00 IP  (13 H/BB)

2018 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .310 )l(Spring Training)  (9 for 29)

PITCHES BY INNING

(Unavailable, because I totally suck.

o

• Upvote 1