What if Gallardo really was just hurt and we are now seeing him healthy.....

TradeAngelos

Back up to 91-92. Pitches are sharp with good movement.

Looks like a totally different guy.

He really does look completely different (this outing). Better control. Velocity back around 90-91 mostly. Looks more crisp.

That said, if the guy was hurt...why sign him in the first place? Hopefully Gallardo does strength training in the offseason. I think he noted he really hasn't done it in the past.

He really does look completely different (this outing). Better control. Velocity back around 90-91 mostly. Looks more crisp.

That said, if the guy was hurt...why sign him in the first place? Hopefully Gallardo does strength training in the offseason. I think he noted he really hasn't done it in the past.

Two for three with a run scored.

Gallardo did have shoulder tendinitis, and given that his velocity is back up over 90mph I'd be confident the injury was real. Gallardo probably had the issue for awhile and just didn't say anything about it. Hopefully he's learned his lesson. :D

Gallardo did have shoulder tendinitis, and given that his velocity is back up over 90mph I'd be confident the injury was real. Gallardo probably had the issue for awhile and just didn't say anything about it. Hopefully he's learned his lesson. :D

Kind of silly not to own up to it when you failed your physical.

The decent pitching from Gallardo recently is a good development. I think I'm convinced now that we can win the division without acquiring a TOR starter, but we still need guys like Gallardo to keep us in games.

The decent pitching from Gallardo recently is a good development. I think I'm convinced now that we can win the division without acquiring a TOR starter, but we still need guys like Gallardo to keep us in games.

But that's the thing. All we need from 3-5 is for them to literally "just keep us in games". As in just don't give up 7 in 3 innings. The bar is LOW.

Kind of silly not to own up to it when you failed your physical.

Definitely! I forgot about that. But Gallardo still kept pitching and his velocity kept dropping, until he finally went on the DL. I guess the doctors are also somewhat at fault here too, but didn't take over 3 weeks before going on the dl? You would think someone should have said something sooner, not just restructure a contract. But at least it seems fixed, and that's exactly what this staff needed right now.

Definitely! I forgot about that. But Gallardo still kept pitching and his velocity kept dropping, until he finally went on the DL. I guess the doctors are also somewhat at fault here too, but didn't take over 3 weeks before going on the dl? You would think someone should have said something sooner, not just restructure a contract. But at least it seems fixed, and that's exactly what this staff needed right now.

Like start him on a program the minute he signed? Have him ready for May first?

Archived