Drew Pomeranz is NOT an answer the O's should even consider (Red Sox)

JohnD

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Big upgrade for Boston, even if Pomeranz loses some effectiveness pitching in the AL East. And Espinoza is two years away from the majors. Boston can afford to lose him.

How do you figure? Boston hasn't developed an ace since Lester. Espinoza sure looks like he would have been their next anchor to a rotation. Sure he's 19, but look at how highly regarded he is at 19.

Seems like a smart trade for both teams. :noidea: 19 year old pitchers are highly ranked all the time for their upside. Being that young, they are just that much less likely to achieve it.

Steep price to pay for Drew Pomeranz, but if I'm Dombrowski, and I look around at the alternatives, I pull the trigger in a heartbeat. Don't think for a second he didn't consider the fact that by trading for Pomeranz, he was also probably preventing the O's and Jays from really upgrading their rotation as well.

I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere in this very long thread (but it's news to me)...Pomeranz was the 5th overall pick in 2010 for the Indians, but began his pilgrimage through the major leagues when he was traded as the player to be named later for Ubaldo Jimenez.

Reading posts on the Blue Jays and Orioles forums, there appear to be a mess of sour grapes, but this is potentially the right guy to gamble on. He's been very effective for the last 3 seasons, is pitching well now (despite an innings total that is at a minor warning level), and has 2.5 years of team control remaining. Even a live arm like Espinoza did not project to 2.5 years of top-shelf pitching during his time under Red Sox control.

I don't know about Kyle, but I wish we had kept Zach instead of getting Parra. I am sure the Sucks "got whoever they wanted" when they signed Sandoval. Fortunately our team is better than the Sucks so that if we add even a mediocre guy like Hellickson or Santana, we will still win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Again. Did I say it guarantees winning? Yes, they wanted Sandoval, Hanley Ramirez, Manny Ramirez, Pedro Martinez, Josh Beckett, David Price...and they got them.

Again. Did I say it guarantees winning? Yes, they wanted Sandoval, Hanley Ramirez, Manny Ramirez, Pedro Martinez, Josh Beckett, David Price...and they got them.

They also wanted Lester back. Fascinating chapter on that in the Arm.

Who here did not think the Blue Jays and Red Sox would trade to strengthen their teams at the deadline? Who thought the Red Sox did not want starting pitching? No one? Good, you are all smart now. I also assume everyone thinks the Orioles will get one ore two starting pitchers before September? Good. All still bright folk. This is the AL EAST where it's not easy. Lets hang on and enjoy the ride.

Who here did not think the Blue Jays and Red Sox would trade to strengthen their teams at the deadline? Who thought the Red Sox did not want starting pitching? No one? Good, you are all smart now. I also assume everyone thinks the Orioles will get one ore two starting pitchers before September? Good. All still bright folk. This is the AL EAST where it's not easy. Lets hang on and enjoy the ride.

Which is why I doubted the Orioles would add a SP arm, the price was going to be more than they would be willing to spend, when teams like the Dodgers and the Red Sox are in need.

From DD to DD, the legacy continues....:clap3: Buck ain't shirking from the fray!

Archived