Schmuck from the Sun says trade Trumbo

Going Underground

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about Manny for Miller, Chapman, Eovaldi, Tanaka and a couple of prospects?

OK, you may have a different meaning for "half their lineup" than I thought. I took it literally and figured you could name any 4 or 5 guys out of the 10-11 guys who have been in their batting lineup with some regularity this year -- and I would say no.

Adding their two best long-term controlled starters certainly helps.

I will say that I'm not too crazy about Yankee prospects, generically. Very few of them seem to turn into great players.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You are discussing Manny and Britton, neither of which I would move, why not Brach?

Trumbo won't be here next year and has a historically slower second half, if the return is good, keep your options open.

Gio Gonzalez is not a good option.

If we trade Machado' date=' I think we could get a better package from someone other than the Yankees.[/quote']

Yes, but could we get a better package that would help us this year? Trading Machado could get us a couple of starters, a shut down reliever and a few prospects. Add that, deduct Machado and you may have a good future and competitive team this year...

Why not get a third team involved? Move Trumbo to the Mets or Cards or Marlins or Royals. Have them trade prospects to a non contender and get a pitcher from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't want to weaken the O too much. Machado should get us what we need for this year and position us for the future.

You are discussing Manny and Britton, neither of which I would move, why not Brach?

Trumbo won't be here next year and has a historically slower second half, if the return is good, keep your options open.

Gio Gonzalez is not a good option.

Brach is making a lot less money than Britton and his salary is going way up next year with all those saves. We'll wind up with a Jim Johnson salary situation with Britton at the rate he's gathering saves.

Was Malike's suggestion. I was just tossing out a possible match.

I think they can win without Machado. They've done it during all of his absences. Sure, he's great to have in the lineup and on the field, but his loss alone would not crush this team in my opinion and the return would be excellent, I believe.

Archived