vs. ANGELS, 7/08

OFFNY

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kirby running forever. <a href="https://t.co/V522pQLRxA">pic.twitter.com/V522pQLRxA</a></p>— Ranting Oriole Bird (@RantingOriole) <a href="

">July 9, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's good for them too bad during more of the year they were losing and we were winning.

Yes, Boston will 2 back and Toronto will be 1 back. Thank God they lost so much while the Orioles were winning so much and have such a huge lead in the division. :rolleyes:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Playing sporadically and pinch hitting is not the way you judge someone's talent at the major league level. They gave Holliday every chance to be an everyday guy and he proved he needs more seasoning. All these guys they bring up should be given the same chance. 
    • I think the O’s are trying to balance (1) winning, (2) giving guys major league opportunities and exposure, and (3) getting them regular playing time in the minors that’s not available in the majors.  In other words, giving Kjerstad 17 major league PA in 19 days won’t cause him to accrue too much rust, but 34 PA in 38 days would.   So, cycle him down and let him get back in rhythm, and give Stowers (who’s been playing every day) his three weeks of sporadic major league time.  I’ll add that if Kjerstad had hit more, he would have gotten more than 17 PA.   Yes, it’s tough to hit when playing time is sporadic, but that’s the way the cookie crumbles.  It probably won’t be his last opportunity this year.  
    • Agreed. I've wanted Stowers up here since Day 1. He's a really solid all around player. It won't happen but if he was given a chance I think you'd see you don't lose much defensively and he's a huge upgrade over Mullins right now at the plate. Mullins is lost out there. Why bring up guys who will just ride the bench? Give them a chance to play regularly like they did with Holliday. They sure didn't give Kierstad a fair chance and they won't with Stowers either unfortunately. 
    • He’s a Hays injury away from another chance.   You can’t beat those odds anywhere else.
    • Wait a second.  Moose is the one who said it but you said you were informed by really smart people.   Who else said it?    🙂
    • The amount of bile directed at McKenna is ridiculous IMO.  We won all three games he started, and were 7-2 in the games in which he played.  He had two homers, a single and a walk in 9 PA.  Admittedly he didn’t get to two fly balls that might have been caught and made a poor throw home in the Nats game.  He also made a 3-star, 55% probability catch that several of our outfielders probably wouldn’t have gotten to.  In short, I don’t mind that he was DFA and if he gets claimed I won’t lose any sleep over it.  I just see no reason to vilify the guy.    
    • I'm not sure what the average OPS is in KBO, but you have guys like Ronnie Dawson OPS'ing just south of 1.000. There are many examples of players who never sniffed the majors hitting like that in the KBO. I assume Jones was more talented than all of them.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now