• Chaz Roe
    • Odrisamer Despaigne
    • Mychal Givens
    • Vance Worley
    • Ubaldo Jimenez

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd go with Ubaldo. He's gotta catch fire at some point (well... At least he has to if the O's want to to go anywhere)

Are you sure you're not confusing him with the guy who throws gas on the fire? I wouldn't pin their hopes on Jimenez.

Interesting article about perhaps fixing Ubaldo in Camden Chat this evening:

http://www.camdenchat.com/2016/7/14/12184870/ubaldo-jimenez-change-mechanics-2016

Though Jimenez has never been able to find consistency in years of lost velocity, he still has enough natural movement on all of his pitches to be effective. His abysmal numbers, or history of terribleness may not suggest it, but getting back to league-average over the course of the second-half is certainly a possibility.

Not a severe change but enough to cause problems, Jimenez?s release point has been a source of issues over the course of the year. Ubaldo relies on side-to-side movement on his fastball, as well as depth and tilt to his slider and splitter. While a more vertical release point works for, say, Chris Tillman, Jimenez would seem to benefit from a slightly more three-quarters delivery.

I personally think that Ubaldo needs to return to the pen in order to work on issues such as the above. He has said that he's willing to do that.

Archived