Chen

Rene88

Lincecum Strong in Winning Debut for Angels

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/184816054/?partnerId=ed-10473476-905814433

Another pitcher the O's were afraid to take a risk on !!!

I think DD was on record saying that the Orioles were checking into it' date=' but Lincecum preferred pitching for a West Coast team.[/quote']

It could be argued that Baltimore is only a 5-hour plane ride from the West Coast.

It's not like he'd be pitching on the other side of the world.

Tell that to Lincecum. 5 hours is a lot when you have one day off a week during a homestand, if that.

Malike, I need some help here.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What happened to Shields. Is he just hurt? I bet Ubaldo is hurt.

Shields became the first starter in the 148 year history of major league baseball to give up 6+ runs in the first 3 innings in 4 consecutive starts.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

In the cases of both Chen and Gonzalez, the appropriate person to blame is Peter Angelos, not Duquette, because those are both budget decisions.

We see what Dan can do when he doesn't have to work about budget: he signs Pedro Martinez.

Dan will make the right decisions when he's given a budget to do so.

Chema contract with the Marlins is such a bad contract that we should be thanking Angelos for vetoing it if he did. You guys are upset about Gallardo but that is a 2 year deal. If Chen pitches badly it is a 6 year contract.

I hope the Marlins do make the playoffs.

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

Marlins have a ton of talent. IMO they underachieved last year but seem to be on the rise now. Probably need a little more pitching.

They beat good teams but then lose to the lowly braves and twins! If they get in, they are very dangerous. That's their history though...when they make the playoffs they make runs.

Ozuna, yelich, Stanton surrounded by good support guys and Fernandez #1. They would be tough in a series for any NL team.

Marlins have a ton of talent. IMO they underachieved last year but seem to be on the rise now. Probably need a little more pitching.

They beat good teams but then lose to the lowly braves and twins! If they get in, they are very dangerous. That's their history though...when they make the playoffs they make runs.

Ozuna, yelich, Stanton surrounded by good support guys and Fernandez #1. They would be tough in a series for any NL team.

Yep. I could see 2003 happening again to the Cubs and to the Marlins

I haven't thought about that in a long time. My god, I wonder what ever happened to that poor Bartman kid?

I agree. If I'm the Cubs I want no part of the Marlins. Especially if they win the play in game and are hot coming into an NLDS

I agree. If I'm the Cubs I want no part of the Marlins. Especially if they win the play in game and are hot coming into an NLDS

If I'm the Cubs I want the old school style where the best records face each other for the WS. I don't want this playoffs BS to happen

I haven't thought about that in a long time. My god' date=' [b']I wonder what ever happened to that poor Bartman kid?[/b]

He was offered several hundred thousand dollars on numerous occasions to do interviews.

He never took any of them.

He felt awful about what had happened, and he never took a dime to profit from it.

In the end, Bartman stood a lot taller than the thousands of creeps that threatened to (and may have actually gone through with it had they gotten the chance) kill him.

Archived