at. RAYS 7/17

Sessh

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Bundy is in the stage of his career where excellent fastball hitters are really going to drive the ball against him. He has not yet developed the command and pitch selection of guys like Tillman, who can beat hitters sitting dead red by painting the outside corner with a slider or throwing an outstanding changeup or sinker.

Sure, Bundy theoretically has more than one pitch, but really if you look at what is awesome about Bundy thus far, it's just the velocity on that fastball. It'll take a lot more innings before he picks up mastery of the other pitches.

Oh I agree. I'm just glad to see Bundy throwing and having his velocity back. His curveball has shown flashes of being a dominant pitch for him.

I remember when Caleb was an offense first player.

He's had some impressive hitting weeks and months in the past. Heck, there was a time when I actually preferred him batting over Wieters because Wiets was an automatic out. Now the tables have turned and we'd all rather have Wieters out there every day if he could.

Not fond of those foul territory bullpens as they just showed. Their AAA team Durham has them too, so I guess they get used to it. I have always thought it's an injury waiting to happen, not to mention a hinderance to the defense getting an out. I know in Durham, they have the room to make a two-tiered bullpen behind the left center wall just like at Camden Yards. But I imagine that's a pretty big cost. I would think it's worth it to protect one's investment in a warm body, however.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He's had some impressive hitting weeks and months in the past. Heck, there was a time when I actually preferred him batting over Wieters because Wiets was an automatic out. Now the tables have turned and we'd all rather have Wieters out there every day if he could.

He might be our starting catcher next year.

Archived