Trey Mancini Talks About Minor League Success, Potential Promotion To the Orioles

PressBoxOnline

I doubt a DH added to a package is going to get you a cost controlled SP.

He is not a Dh he is a first baseman but he is not taking over for our first baseman. So he either playes DH here or gets traded to a team that needs a young first baseman.

There's almost no way I think Mancini is here in August. DD and Buck want to win THIS year. They are going to make whatever trades necessary to do get a starter in here.

Mancini is squarely on the trading block, along with Cisco, Harvey, and Ofelky Peralta.

There's almost no way I think Mancini is here in August. DD and Buck want to win THIS year. They are going to make whatever trades necessary to do get a starter in here.

Mancini is squarely on the trading block, along with Cisco, Harvey, and Ofelky Peralta.

An injury to Davis, Trumbo, or P. Alvarez could result in Mancini getting called up. Otherwise, I don't see it happening. 70/30 that he is gone by the deadline.

I'm not a huge fan of having our hitting prospects skip Norfolk entirely. I'd like Sisco to have success there for 2-3 months before we put him in the majors. We've seen a number of players who had good AA stats who didn't pan out as major league hitters, but if they can hold their own in Norfolk, I feel much more confident.

If they hold their own in Norfolk they will probably be all stars. Nobody hits down there. It's where hype goes to die. :vader:

I really like Sisco and Mancini. I don't think Mancini would get us a needle moving SP. He's worth more to us than he would be to another team. I'm willing to admit that I might be over hyping them. Realistically who could Mancini even bring us in a trade? F.Liriano. J. De La Rosa. Hellickson. Garza. E.Santana????

I doubt a DH added to a package is going to get you a cost controlled SP.

He's a 1B, we just don't have room for him. TB I don't think has much of a 1b now or on the horizon. I don't think Gillaspie has been that great last I checked, but IDK.

Mancini is probably significantly undervalued on top 100 prospect lists. I'm not sure that valuation transfers to front offices though. He's cost controlled and ready today to likely provide good value at 1B. It remains to be seen if he's a MOO hitter or more like a 6/7 guy in the majors. I suspect, even as a 6/7 guy, that has value to some teams since he's cheap and ready now.

Archived