Orioles inquired about Melvin Upton, Jr (BlueJays)

Sir_Loin

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Delmon Young was a Buck guy with pictures of his ALDS double still hanging on the walls of OPACY.

Fair point. I keep forgetting he goes by Melvin, if he comes here I'm sure I'll get used to it quickly enough. I base most of that opinion from his early years in Tampa Bay so for all I know he's matured quite a bit.

I'm not a big fan of Upton because I think he has a tendency to dog it when he's in a funk out a bad mood or something. Doesn't he have really good numbers at OPACY though?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

.257/.341/.450 with an OPS of .792

Follow

Jeff PassanVerified account

‏@JeffPassan

In the proposed deal of Melvin Upton Jr. for Ubaldo Jimenez that @Ken_Rosenthal reported, one would think O's are also sending top prospect.

Not sure why we'd have to include a "top" prospect. Makes no sense.

I do not get this from SD standpoint. Can't they trade Upton for a marginal prospect and eat half his salary? Then they don't have Jimenez or his salary. They can't actually want Jimenez? Can they?

Evidently they can't. They've been trying for a year.

Follow

Jeff PassanVerified account

‏@JeffPassan

In the proposed deal of Melvin Upton Jr. for Ubaldo Jimenez that @Ken_Rosenthal reported, one would think O's are also sending top prospect.

This is laughable. Not sending a top prospect to get rid of Ubaldo and take on a larger contract. If a top prospect is sent its because we have gotten Cashner with Melvin.

Not sure why we'd have to include a "top" prospect. Makes no sense.

I'm glad they have Myers at first base. If Mancini was traded in this deal, I think this board would erupt.

I can see a Garrett Cleavinger or Brian Gonzalez type going to San Diego. Hopefully it doesn't come back to bite us.

Archived