Orioles inquired about Melvin Upton, Jr (BlueJays)

Sir_Loin

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here we go...It begins.

Why I didn't want DD doing any more trades.

C'mon. I agree with you on alot, and you see alot of the tides, but Scott. Couldn't we just fill his role in the org. with Chris Lee or Cleavinger?

DD trading Ubaldo and not DFA'ing him, is magical.

I'll go on the record. We're good at finding relievers. You always say your boy Drake can get LH's out. He was the milb reliever of the year last year.

Upton is of no value to SD. He is of little value to us. Helps us for a few weeks with Rickard out. No reason that I see to include a prospect in this deal. Ubaldo for Upton straight-up. Saves SD $4-5 million. Costs us that amount. If SD would rather pay the 5 million bucks an keep an outfielder that doesn't help them, so be it. I doubt very seriously if any other team has interest in Melvin Upton.

C'mon. I agree with you on alot, and you see alot of the tides, but Scott. Couldn't we just fill his role in the org. with Chris Lee or Cleavinger?

I'll go on the record. We're good at finding relievers. You always say your boy Drake can get LH's out. He was the milb reliever of the year last year.

Yeah giving up a reliever is not a big deal. That is where we have depth on major league team and minors.

RP are the most replaceable pieces. Minor league RP are a dime a dozen. LHP who throw 100--well there is only one right now his name is Aroldis Chapman. With that said, 100 mph is no good if you dont know how to "pitch" or locate it.

Upton is of no value to SD. He is of little value to us. Helps us for a few weeks with Rickard out. No reason that I see to include a prospect in this deal. Ubaldo for Upton straight-up. Saves SD $4-5 million. Costs us that amount. If SD would rather pay the 5 million bucks an keep an outfielder that doesn't help them, so be it. I doubt very seriously if any other team has interest in Melvin Upton.
Clubs like the Giants, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Nationals, Indians, and Cardinals have all been rumored to have interest

Seems to be alot of interest really.

RP are the most replaceable pieces. Minor league RP are a dime a dozen. LHP who throw 100--well there is only one right now his name is Aroldis Chapman. With that said, 100 mph is no good if you dont know how to "pitch" or locate it.

Brad Pennington

Upton is better than rickard lol. Not sure if you didnt look him up or what, but hes on pace for a 25/30 type season. Not many do that.

Seems to be alot of interest really.

I doubt it. I'm sure Upton's name comes up as an add-on to acquire a solid SP for a lesser prospect by taking on Upton's bad contract. If a team really just wanted Upton, he would have been traded long ago, IMO.

I doubt it. I'm sure Upton's name comes up as an add-on to acquire a solid SP for a lesser prospect by taking on Upton's bad contract. If a team really just wanted Upton, he would have been traded long ago, IMO.

If Upton continues production, that isnt a bad contract.

You're right. It's a salary dump on both parts. SD gets

5 million in savings

prospect from us

A chance to play their young OF'ers. No DH in the NL.

Maybe Ubaldo brings future return.

Ubaldo would go from pitching in the toughest division in the mlb to the NL West. He was worth 2.5 WAR last year. In theory it's him going to AAA but in SD instead of Norfolk.

IF we were in last place wouldn't you want our GM to free up 5 million and get a prospect for someone that won't be a part of our future and get prospect(s)?

Archived