Orioles inquired about Melvin Upton, Jr (BlueJays)

Sir_Loin

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Follow

Jeff PassanVerified account

‏@JeffPassan

In the proposed deal of Melvin Upton Jr. for Ubaldo Jimenez that @Ken_Rosenthal reported, one would think O's are also sending top prospect.

I heard on MLB channel that the Padres also want a prospect.

At the very least Upton plays against southpaws and Alavrez won't. Also Rickard is likely out until September and Kim is on the DL for now.

Right and the thinking with our front office is that Melvin gives us an OF option when we lose Trumbo next year. Only 31, has some value now that he has refined his swing. Playoff experience, AL East experience.

As I usually say about trade rumore, especially those generated by Rosenthal, I will believe it when I see it and not before.

Purse discussion now, nothing is official before it is official. Thats been obviously true in Baltimore.

I wouldn't really be sad to see Ubaldo go but we would be selling him at his lowest selling point. I guarantee you he isn't nearly as bad next season, whether or not he is in an O's uniform.

I doubt they get a top prospect if it is just for Upton. Prospect would be if Cashner is included.

This is great news. Upton adds some speed to a slow team. He can spell Adam and platoon with Kim once he's back. Most likely any prospect will be a Wright or Wilson type. Can't see how anyone could be upset with this news. Maybe it expands with Cashner included.

Archived