Orioles inquired about Melvin Upton, Jr (BlueJays)

Sir_Loin

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like that he has AL East experience.

I also like that I started a top 10 list in the "Minors" yesterday and I heard nobody touting Scott as can't miss. So when that crowd comes, and it will, it will be funny.

Buck and Dan like the playoff experience aspect too.

It wasn't a knock at Jones. It was more about people downplaying the fact Upton is having a very solid year in a pitchers park.

He's on pace to be a 3.5 win player. You could argue he is having better than a "solid year" I think. He will end with at least 20 HR and 20 SB at a minimum and good defensive metrics.

Upton's 2016 stats are comparable and almost identical to Adam Jones. Would Jones be a salary dump?

Except jones doesn't have a single stolen base the entire season even though he's batting leadoff and upton has 20.

This team has ZERO speed. Upton would provide that and then some. A minor league reliever and getting rid of an awful ubaldo jiminez for a potential 25/40 OF???

Where do we sign??

He's on pace to be a 3.5 win player. You could argue he is having better than a "solid year" I think. He will end with at least 20 HR and 20 SB at a minimum and good defensive metrics.

That's my point. It's almost funny people think Ubaldo=Upton.

Except jones doesn't have a single stolen base the entire season even though he's batting leadoff and upton has 20.

This team has ZERO speed. Upton would provide that and then some. A minor league reliever and getting rid of an awful ubaldo jiminez for a potential 25/40 OF???

Where do we sign??

Agree. It's a win-win.

Upton's 2016 stats are comparable and almost identical to Adam Jones. Would Jones be a salary dump?

It is difficult to have a conversation when you make a statement like this. If you aren't aware that SD has been actively attempting to dump U[[ton's salary for the past year, I don't know what to tell you. I;m all for a Ubaldo for Upton trade. I just see no reason whatsoever to give up anything else in the deal. SD either wants to save 5 million bucks or they don't.

It is difficult to have a conversation when you make a statement like this. If you aren't aware that SD has been actively attempting to dump U[[ton's salary for the past year, I don't know what to tell you. I;m all for a Ubaldo for Upton trade. I just see no reason whatsoever to give up anything else in the deal. SD either wants to save 5 million bucks or they don't.

And if you think Ubaldo is enough straight up for Upton, then we may as well end the conversation. I never said Upton is Adam Jones. Simply comparing theirb2016 stats. Thought that was obvious.

Are you aware how bad Ubaldo has been? Upton atleast has positive value.

And if you think Ubaldo is enough straight up for Upton, then we may as well end the conversation. I never said Upton is Adam Jones. Simply comparing theirb2016 stats. Thought that was obvious.

Upton has no value to the San Diego Padres. Trade saves them 5 million dollars. That is the point for the Padres. How Upton or Ubaldo helps a fantasy team is irrelevant. The fact that Upton is still a Padre makes it pretty clear that teams are not lining up to trade value for him.

Archived