Orioles inquired about Melvin Upton, Jr (BlueJays)

Sir_Loin

I'm so happy to see Ubaldo leave that I dont care who we give up. We have two tiers in our farm system. Sisco, Mancini, Reyes, Mountcastle, Peralta, Harvey, Sedlock and then everyone else.

2016 draftees will be off-limits, but I generally agree with this. There are a couple other players I rather not part with: Cleavinger, Tanner Scott, Brian Gonzalez. Wouldn't shed a tear over too many other guys including Walker and Wright.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right thats what I said. He asked why would the Padres make this deal and I said to save money.

Not to mention it opens up an OF slot for Dickerson or Renfroe.

Whoever mentioned Walker, they dont want him. They have Myers at 1B, and Walker isn't an OF'er.

Which prospects are being considered?

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 19m19 minutes ago

#Padres would save money in Upton-for-Jimenez exchange, money they could redeploy. Also would open spot in OF for Dickerson or Renfroe.

Jimenez owed balance of $13M in 2016 and $13.5M in ’17. Upton owed balance of $15.45M in ’16 and $16.45M in ’17.

We lose a little money but gain a useful part. Padres gain payroll and roster flexiblity.

Wondering if there is more thought in moving Trumbo for pitching...

Do you know any contenders that can afford to part with a good starter?

Because those are the only teams that would make a trade for two months of Trumbo.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 19m19 minutes ago

#Padres would save money in Upton-for-Jimenez exchange, money they could redeploy. Also would open spot in OF for Dickerson or Renfroe.

Jimenez owed balance of $13M in 2016 and $13.5M in ?17. Upton owed balance of $15.45M in ?16 and $16.45M in ?17.

We lose a little money but gain a useful part. Padres gain payroll and roster flexiblity.

I'm doing backflips if it's a one-for-one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived