Roe DFA - Ondrusek signed - Roe claimed by Atlanta

Yardball85

Because he had no leverage to demand an MLB deal, and could have been stashed in Norfolk allowing us to either keep Roe or open a lot for some optionable guys. Now we lose Roe and don't gain any flexibility.

OK, point taken.

I haven't been particularly impressed with Roe since his first flashes of success after his first callup last year, so I'm certainly willing to look at someone new.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is what DD loves....the epitome of the 360 swan dive a la dumpster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I get why people are so upset. If this man works out for the O's and helps them to

win then what's the problem? Not dumpster diving when it works out.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Buck said it has been about a month since Ondrusek pitched in a game in Japan, but he's been throwing recently and is ready.</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

">July 29, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Buck said the numbers vs LHB was one reason for adding Ondrusek.</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

">July 29, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Buck said Ondrusek is a fresh bullpen arm who can help against LH hitters. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

I get why people are so upset. If this man works out for the O's and helps them to

I don't think anyone is upset.

Befuddled and bewildered maybe but not upset.

Hard to get upset about the last guy in the bullpen not named Ubaldo.

I don't necessarily view dumpster diving as a pejorative. It means to me simply looking for someone discarded (often out of the country) that costs almost nothing. It is not a negative, but it is really the only type of transaction DD seems to revel in and do well at. I mean while other GMs are putting together 7 player trades or trading for 100 mph relievers, DD and staff are mainly looking for this type of transaction. Hope he becomes another diamond in the rough, but he was definitely in the dumpster before we signed him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone is upset.

Befuddled and bewildered maybe but not upset.

Hard to get upset about the last guy in the bullpen not named Ubaldo.

I could be wrong but I think Stevie Janowsky and Aristotle are upset. ICBW :scratchchinhmm: :P

Looks like 2 full years of service with another at 153 days which means that option wasn't used that year. I bet they can option him.

He was Optioned in 2010, 2012, and 2013 so it would seem that he has used those available options up. He also elected for Free Agency in 2014. You can see all his transaction here: http://m.reds.mlb.com/player/446185/logan-ondrusek

He was Optioned in 2010, 2012, and 2013 so it would seem that he has used those available options up. He also elected for Free Agency in 2014. You can see all his transaction here: http://m.reds.mlb.com/player/446185/logan-ondrusek

Thanks for this. Didn't realize the player pages had all of that. Looks like to me he spent less than 20 days down in 2012. I think he may have one option left.

Archived