O's looking at Wade Miley (Acquired for Ariel Miranda)

ChipTait

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tonight has GOT to be Miley's last start of the season... right?!?

The last time I felt this angry at a player was when Jim Johnson blew two consecutive saves in the Arizona series and Buck still kept him in the closer role for the rest of the season. Buck can be extremely stubborn at times.

Sometimes Buck would rather destroy the season that change things up (or at least it seems like that).

If Miley starts again this season, we need to start asking ourselves some really tough questions.

Unless Bundy needs rest or another pitcher gets hurt, there is no justifiable reason for Miley to start. Even then, you could make a case for Worley with expanded rosters.

I actually liked the trade at the time so I'm not going to trash DD for it. But he has been an undeniable disaster.

I agree honestly. Miley had 3.80 ERA in his last 8 starts before being acquired. His last start before he was acquired he allowed just one run in seven innings with 9 Ks against the Cubs! Not sure what happened, but he became a pretty big pumpkin with us. Perhaps he can pull a Jimenez and miraculously fix himself.

I agree honestly. Miley had 3.80 ERA in his last 8 starts before being acquired. His last start before he was acquired he allowed just one run in seven innings with 9 Ks against the Cubs! Not sure what happened, but he became a pretty big pumpkin with us. Perhaps he can pull a Jimenez and miraculously fix himself.
Yes but Dan should have known as we all did that Ubaldo would turn into a TOR and there would be no need for Miley.:rolleyestf: BTW who should we have started tonight instead of him?

Ariel Miranda so far tonight: 5 IP, 0 ER, 2 H, 1 BB, 3 SO. ERA for the season down to 4.20.

And in yesterday's start Zach Davies, whom we gave up for Parra, limited the Cardinals to 1 run in 7.33 innings (5 hits, 7 Ks, 1 BB). ERA is now 3.87 (FIP 3.81),

Whatever is leading Duquette to such bad decisions about pitchers has GOT TO BE CUT OUT!!

And in yesterday's start Zach Davies, whom we gave up for Parra, limited the Cardinals to 1 run in 7.33 innings (5 hits, 7 Ks, 1 BB). ERA is now 3.87 (FIP 3.81),

Whatever is leading Duquette to such bad decisions about pitchers has GOT TO BE CUT OUT!!

It's so bad it almost feels intentional.

Archived