Crush has been really struggling at the plate the last month -- time for a few days off?

FanSince88

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm worried that the dire predictions that were made when the O's gave him this deal are coming true far sooner than any of us feared. :( But then again Mark Reynolds is still playing ball and I predicted he would be out of baseball years ago. I really hope Davis goes on a tear soon.

I was hoping for a couple of better years anyway, but I can't say I'm surprised. This is basically the player Davis was from All-Star break 2013 to All-Star break 2015. He had some good stretches in there, but if you check his stats he was basically a .220, 30 HR, 80 RBI guy. He had a monster first half in 2013 and a monster second half in 2015. Hopefully he can do that again, but I'm not holding my breath. Watching him swing and miss at balls and take pitches right down the middle for third strikes gets tiresome. To make matters worse, the Orioles had other options for first base. Trumbo could have played there while they waited for Mancini/Walker.

I was kind of surprised he was in the lineup tonight. I thought Buck might go with Pearce against the lefty and keep Pedro's hot bat at DH.

I'm worried that the dire predictions that were made when the O's gave him this deal are coming true far sooner than any of us feared. :( But then again Mark Reynolds is still playing ball and I predicted he would be out of baseball years ago. I really hope Davis goes on a tear soon.

I thought about this when reading about Teixeira's retirement. He's been mildly disappointing, but at least he finished 2nd in the MVP voting in his first year of the deal and OPSed .800+ for 3 more. Davis is at .766 now. Where will he be in 3 years?

We knew Davis was streaky when we signed him and maybe he bounces back, but it's hard not to contemplate the abyss.

I think it's guys like Caleb who aren't helping the team are bringing it down more than CD is. Once rosters expand, I think we see more of Pena and Sisco.

Disco won't be up here no point in bringing him up and having to keep him on 40 man over the off season.

I think it's guys like Caleb who aren't helping the team are bringing it down more than CD is. Once rosters expand, I think we see more of Pena and Sisco.

Yeah, but Caleb doesn't have a $160 mill contract. Even Davis supporters like myself thought giving him 7 years was a bad idea. I would have been ok w/ 5 yr/$110 mill or something like that. I was hoping for at least an .850 OPS this year. Doesn't look like he will even get to .800 unless he gets a real hot streak.

Yeah, but Caleb doesn't have a $160 mill contract. Even Davis supporters like myself thought giving him 7 years was a bad idea. I would have been ok w/ 5 yr/$110 mill or something like that. I was hoping for at least an .850 OPS this year. Doesn't look like he will even get to .800 unless he gets a real hot streak.

I agree we overpaid for him, but I think he'll get hot at the end of the year like last year, or in Oakland against bad pitching. This is around the time he usually figures it out too and gets back into killing the ball

I agree we overpaid for him, but I think he'll get hot at the end of the year like last year, or in Oakland against bad pitching. This is around the time he usually figures it out too and gets back into killing the ball

Chris' career OPS in August is exactly .800. He's been better than that in September, but in 2013 and 2014 his September OPS was .755 and .761, respectively. So he could go either way. I hope he gets hot, but it's really just wishful thinking.

Chris' career OPS in August is exactly .800. He's been better than that in September, but in 2013 and 2014 his September OPS was .755 and .761, respectively. So he could go either way. I hope he gets hot, but it's really just wishful thinking.

It really is a toss up with him. You just don't know. I think with bad pitching, he has the ability to light up the sky

Archived