Crush has been really struggling at the plate the last month -- time for a few days off?

FanSince88

1HR in the last month (way back in July 10)

Lowered OPS by about 70 points in last month

Lowered AVG from .240 to .218

Time for a few days of rest?

Know he had the virus for a while, but that should be done by now.

Maybe the big fella needs a couple games off.

Pearce should fill in ably in his absence, and it might be a good way to get him some AB.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Davis will rest in seven years.

I'm worried that the dire predictions that were made when the O's gave him this deal are coming true far sooner than any of us feared. :( But then again Mark Reynolds is still playing ball and I predicted he would be out of baseball years ago. I really hope Davis goes on a tear soon.

I'm worried that the dire predictions that were made when the O's gave him this deal are coming true far sooner than any of us feared. :( But then again Mark Reynolds is still playing ball and I predicted he would be out of baseball years ago. I really hope Davis goes on a tear soon.

As one of those issuing dire predictions when he signed I do expect at least a couple years of value out of him.

As one of those issuing dire predictions when he signed I do expect at least a couple years of value out of him.

I was definitely thinking about your posts. When Davis is in a slump he looks legally blind. His slumps are pretty epic. Enough to believe that it's the beginning of the end for him. And then he gets hot and looks like superman. We are all anxious to see superman again.

The problem with Chris's slumps is that there is no knowing of when they will start or come to an end.

In 2014 it was June to September. Last year it was April and May. This season it's been July - ?. Hopefully it ends soon, but there is the possibility that he continues to hit this poorly through the end of the season.

Move him to 7th in the order and rest him a couple days a week. No harm in that. Plenty of potential harm in continuing to ride him everyday in the four hole.

I would first move him down in the order to maybe get a little different feel, shake it up a little bit. It helped Adam, maybe it can help Chris. Put Pedro in the four hole with righthanders and Trumbo with left handers. Let Schoop hit fifth. Put Chris sixth.

I was definitely thinking about your posts. When Davis is in a slump he looks legally blind. His slumps are pretty epic. Enough to believe that it's the beginning of the end for him. And then he gets hot and looks like superman. We are all anxious to see superman again.

See Stanton, Giancarlo.

1HR in the last month (way back in July 10)

Lowered OPS by about 70 points in last month

Lowered AVG from .240 to .218

Time for a few days of rest?

Know he had the virus for a while, but that should be done by now.

Maybe the big fella needs a couple games off.

Pearce should fill in ably in his absence, and it might be a good way to get him some AB.

I'd move Trumbo to 1st and Pearce to RF. Rest CD.

I'd move Trumbo to 1st and Pearce to RF. Rest CD.

So then we can have 18 threads about how terrible Trumbo's defense is at 1st when he boots a few balls, misses a few smoked balls down the line that Crush gobbles up, and a few picks get by him at first.

Sounds like a plan.

Archived