Could Zach Britton Win The AL Cy Young?

PressBoxOnline

• 2 months later...

Not a finalist.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> closer Zach Britton NOT a finalist for AL Cy Young Award. Kluber, Porcello and Verlander</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">November 7, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The local guys are freaking out about it on Twitter.

Evidently Harold Reynolds is in hyperbole mode on MLB network.

Verlander shouldn't be on that list. Dude had an OK year at best.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. Verlander had the 2nd best ERA and best WHIP in the AL last year and led the league in K's in 227.2 IP. His record was "only" 16-9, however, if that sort of thing matters to you.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. Verlander had the 2nd best ERA and best WHIP in the AL last year and led the league in K's in 227.2 IP. His record was "only" 16-9, however, if that sort of thing matters to you.

He just was good, but I thought Britton should be up there. Sucks that he got snubbed.

Better year than Porcello.

Kluber's my vote of the three, but Verlander is very close.

Not a finalist.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> closer Zach Britton NOT a finalist for AL Cy Young Award. Kluber, Porcello and Verlander</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">November 7, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The local guys are freaking out about it on Twitter.

Evidently Harold Reynolds is in hyperbole mode on MLB network.

This was voted on at the end of the season right? So the no-play of Britton in the Wild Card game has no bearing on this?

It's going to come down between Kluber and Porcello. Kluber was the better pitcher but I think they are going to give it to Porcello. It was a career season for him, Boston was the hot team at the time of the voting, and unfortunately "wins record" are still important to some. I believe the Tigers not making the playoffs hurt Verlander's chances. Kluber had an overall great season but he didn't do anything above and beyond better to separate himself completely from the other two.

I wasn't expecting Britton to win, but I think he should have been in top 3. This was a historic pitching performance.

I assume that's what most of us thought. I was stunned to read he wasn't in the Top Three. :confused:

Archived