Will Dan sell the farm by the end of August?

Diehard_O's_Fan

Dan obviously knows that the Orioles are going to need more pitching if they are going to reach the playoffs this year. Will Dan sell the farm in order to bring another starter in? Will he trade for a guy like Ervin Santana? I sure would hate to trade a guy like Trey Mancini especially if the Orioles don't win a world series as a result. What are your thoughts?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dan obviously knows that the Orioles are going to need more pitching if they are going to reach the playoffs this year. Will Dan sell the farm in order to bring another starter in? Will he trade for a guy like Ervin Santana? I sure would hate to trade a guy like Trey Mancini especially if the Orioles don't win a world series as a result. What are your thoughts?

Yes. Yes he will.

I think we've made the moves we're going to make. Stuck with Ubaldo, Gallardo, and Miley. Not only for the rest of this season, but next season as well.

Who do we have left to trade? Our farm system has been decimated and we haven't restocked it by trading major league pieces. If Duquette pulls off a trade with what we have in them minors we should throw him a parade.

The premise is Sisco. Mancini. Peralta.

The premise is Sisco. Mancini. Peralta.

And you cannot make this team a legit contender if you traded all 3 of them and then some. The damage is done. He needs to hold pat and we need a more forward vision on how to build and maintain an organization.

I hope such a move wouldn't happen at this time.

This team needs more then one pitcher.

This problem should have taken place during

the Winter meetings. It's to late, could be four

or five games out by the time it happens.As usual

DD missed the boat but the farm is in tact.

And you cannot make this team a legit contender if you traded all 3 of them and then some. The damage is done. He needs to hold pat and we need a more forward vision on how to build and maintain an organization.

Correct. None of these three are even sure things at this point but they are the cornerstones of our meager farm system. We have to hold on to something.

Who do we have left to trade? Our farm system has been decimated and we haven't restocked it by trading major league pieces. If Duquette pulls off a trade with what we have in them minors we should throw him a parade.

We certainly have plenty of players to trade but the only players that will get traded are guys who have big contracts that are underperforming or borderline major leaguers. Neither require real prospects.

Archived