Will the fans show?

Todd-O

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As an organization, we believe strongly that having the 7th most affordable experience of the four major professional sports (which doesn’t even factor in the most fan-friendly policy of allowing food and drink into the ballpark, the Dugout Club, and Student Night), and a product that has put us in contention for the postseason heading into September the last five seasons, with many popular players who have had extended runs with the club, should be enough to get more people to come to the ballpark without heavily discounting already affordable tickets.
he reality it is actually ALL of those reasons, combined. And each fan is affected differently by that combination of reasons, though the end result is that many fans are not coming to as many games as one would expect for a team with the best record in the American League since 2012

That is a point I make. I believe, without the Orioles suggesting especially during litigation, that the team to the south has affected the profitability in enormous fashion.

A bit of misinformation out there on a couple fronts just:

Also, none if you buy through your account rep or ticket services as a plan holder.

Doesn't this point to a failure to communicate? I didn't know there were no game-day fees, although, I hadn't tried before yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a point I make. I believe, without the Orioles suggesting especially during litigation, that the team to the south has affected the profitability in enormous fashion.

I guess my point would be that it doesn't really matter what they think. It isn't working. First, I would argue the product they are selling isn't team performance. The product is the experience of going to the game. Second, it doesn't matter that it is affordable if people don't think it is. I could envision a commercial comparing the price of going to a game versus going to a movie. It has to sell the experience... A family high fiving, hugging, standing and cheering, etc vs sitting in a dark room not talking to each other. Build real memories at Orioles Park for less than the price of a movie. Something along those lines.

When the market responds in adverse way, you can't sit back, wring your hands, and complain about how the market doesn't appreciate your product. You have to adapt and change. The market is never wrong (even when it is).

Hell, charter some buses from Laurel, Bel Air, Owings Mills, etc and sell game packages that include tickets, transportation to the game, and a concession voucher.

1. I work 50 hour weeks

2. Every day I need to be up for work by 6:20

3. Whether driving or taking transit, I'm normally not back to my home before 10:30-11.

Normally I'm in bed by this time. Working a 12 hour shift while tired is not doable for me.

We're an overworked middle-lower middle metro area with a particularly poor city core. If it's not an economy of money that's holding us back, it can likely be an economy of time.

And some people are scared because of the riots (I laugh at the overblown fear of going downtown, myself).

It is what it is.

Still made it to 5 games this year, though.

But if I went online for one ticket for tonight not a person with a season ticket plan and a regular ticket. $6.25 convenience fee for one ticket and a $4.00 per order fee. So a $15.00 ticket has a $10.25 service fee charges.

And if you're a casual fan, you may not know you can avoid those fees by just walking up and buying your ticket at the gate.

A bit of misinformation out there on a couple fronts just:

Also, none if you buy through your account rep or ticket services as a plan holder.

Ok, I am confused now. This was on the Orioles website:The only way to avoid a fee is to show up more than 24 hours in advance at the ballpark in person to buy tickets.

So is there no fee if you buy the day of the game anymore or a different fee? Day of game surcharge?

Ok, I am confused now. This was on the Orioles website:The only way to avoid a fee is to show up more than 24 hours in advance at the ballpark in person to buy tickets.

So is there no fee if you buy the day of the game anymore or a different fee? Day of game surcharge?

I paid the face price of the ticket yesterday, not a penny more. I'm a plan holder, but I don't think that matters, since they failed to charge me the plan holder price.

None. At all.

Ended in 2013.

Archived