September Scoreboard Watching Mega Thread

weams

More SCENARIO info.

USA Today reports that the possible 3 way tie for the two wild card spots (if we lose tomorrow, Toronto loses tomorrow, Detroit wins tomorrow at Atl and Monday vs Cle, and Seattle loses at least one, would be settles as follows:

Tuesday:. Detroit at Toronto

Wednesday:. Tuesday loser at Baltimore

The Wednesday loser would be eliminated.

The wild card game Thursday would be between the Tuesday winner and Wednesday winner.

If it is Balt/Tor, it is in Tor. If it is Det/Balt, it is in Balt. If it is Det/Tor, it is in Tor.

http://usat.ly/2dPwsod

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Filmstudy is correct.

Blue Jays are Team A, Orioles Team B

Jays opted for home game to play the Tigers

O's opted for Wednesday home game to play the loser of Jays/Tigers

Winner of that O's/Tigers or O's/Jays game goes on to play the Wild Card game on Thursday

Right, I just posted that.

My original post didn't even go into the details of how the 3 way tie would be settled. Just that it would be settles Tue/Wed and the WC game would be Thursday. So I wasn't incorrect, just incomplete. There was enough detail in my post without adding the exact mechanics of settling a 3 way tie for two spots.

This is complicated, but I'm not sure the bolded part is correct. In the case of a 3-way tie for 2 spots, the top 2 team play for 1 spot (Bal at Tor on Tues), then the loser then has a 2nd chance game at the "C" seed (Bal/Tor loser will play at Det for 2nd WC).

That's as I read the TB rules, but I'd like a check. Ideally, the Orioles will not be part of any tiebreaker, of course.

If I understand this right. The Tigers could lose in Toronto on Tuesday and then if they beat the Orioles go back to Toronto on Thursday for the actual WC game.

The Tigers in theory could play

@Atlanta Sunday

Home Cleveland Monday

@Toronto Tuesday

@Baltimore Wednesday

@Toronto Thursday

@Texas Friday

So Detroit could possibly be playing in Atlanta then Detroit, then Toronto, then Baltimore on consecutive days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They also face the possibility of being eliminated tomorrow but still having to play Cleveland Monday because Clevrland has to play 162 games so their record can be compared to the Red Sox to determine home field in the Bos/Cle ALDS.

Wouldn't they have to go back to Toronto first?

Oops, you are right. So Detroit. Would have to play in Atlanta Sunday, Detroit Monday, Toronto Tuesday, Baltimore Wednesday, Toronto Thursday, Texas Friday and Saturday, then Detroit Sunday and Monday!

Oops, you are right. So Detroit. Would have to play in Atlanta Sunday, Detroit Monday, Toronto Tuesday, Baltimore Wednesday, Toronto Thursday, Texas Friday and Saturday, then Detroit Sunday and Monday!

I guess that is why Orioles chose the one game. Too much travel and pitching stress before playoffs.

Archived