I'm Just Amazed At How Boston And Toronto Can Impose Their Will On The Orioles So Easily.

ORIOLE33

What's happening now when it really matters? They have played 5 HUGE games against Boston and Toronto over the past week. They're 0-5.

And when I said that those teams easily impose their will on the O's, what I mean is, before a blink of an eye, we're down 2-0 in most games. When we cut into any deficit, our starter immediately give it right back. We rarely have 1,2,3 innings and a lot of the games feel uncompetitive. We seem to be playing catchup every game.

I get what you mean, but the early-season wins matter. Those prior wins are what put us into position to play these huge games, no? This is just the ups-and-downs of baseball, to some degree.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm increasingly interested in Adam Jones' "leadership." He says some stuff that makes me wonder. He openly advocates for an "aggressive" approach at the plate - not a smart approach. And it sounds like he's proud of his stubbornness in that regard - even laughing about it with an interview he did with Dandy Jim Hunter yesterday. A case of the inmates running the asylum?

AJ has had very good success with his approach, and he produces, so no, its not the immages running the asylum. Its the fans expecting everybody to be of one like mind and everybody be the same,

I'm increasingly interested in Adam Jones' "leadership." He says some stuff that makes me wonder. He openly advocates for an "aggressive" approach at the plate - not a smart approach. And it sounds like he's proud of his stubbornness in that regard - even laughing about it with an interview he did with Dandy Jim Hunter yesterday. A case of the inmates running the asylum?

This isn't something new with AJ. He's been spewing the "I'm gone swing my way out of this slump" nonsense for years. If they can get something back for him, I wouldn't mind trading him.

What's happening now when it really matters? They have played 5 HUGE games against Boston and Toronto over the past week. They're 0-5.

And when I said that those teams easily impose their will on the O's, what I mean is, before a blink of an eye, we're down 2-0 in most games. When we cut into any deficit, our starter immediately give it right back. We rarely have 1,2,3 innings and a lot of the games feel uncompetitive. We seem to be playing catchup every game.

Week before they were 2 of 3.

AJ has had very good success with his approach, and he produces, so no, its not the immages running the asylum. Its the fans expecting everybody to be of one like mind and everybody be the same,

Yes, he's had good success, but he has a very bad approach that good pitchers will exploit.

What exactly is your cutoff date for when games "really matter"? Why would the three-game series at Fenway Park Sept. 12-14, when the O's won two of three to cut the division lead to one game, not be considered games that "really matter"?

And why would early-season games not be considered games that matter? They all count in the standings, don't they?

Also: did you know the Orioles are 6-3 at Fenway Park this season? Does that not matter?

What exactly is your cutoff date for when games "really matter"? Why would the three-game series at Fenway Park Sept. 12-14, when the O's won two of three to cut the division lead to one game, not be considered games that "really matter"?

And why would early-season games not be considered games that matter? They all count in the standings, don't they?

Also: did you know the Orioles are 6-3 at Fenway Park this season? Does that not matter?

I do not believe that he is making this case as an Orioles fan. I believe he is taunting the suffering masses.

They all count, but let's not play games. Late season games is the money games. These are the pressure games. No one will remember what happen in the middle of June. Everyone will remember what happened the last week of September.

They all count, but let's not play games. Late season games is the money games. These are the pressure games. No one will remember what happen in the middle of June. Everyone will remember what happened the last week of September.

Well they won't remember what happened in the last week of September if you are out of it by the last week of September. I don't remember much from the games last year during the last week of the season.

I'm not concerned about what people will remember. I'm concerned about what actually matters. All the games count equally in the standings.

The Atlanta Braves are 14-9 in September, so why is nobody raving about how they've come up big in "money games"? It's because they were out of the race in April.

Co-sign.

Ditto.

Actually, the Orioles are fortunate that the Indians and royals the past couple of weekends did them favors.

If the Os blow a 2 game lead with 6 to play; that's on them. They have received enough help and honestly Detroit is a flawed team too.

Can't blame anyone but Os if they miss.

This isn't something new with AJ. He's been spewing the "I'm gone swing my way out of this slump" nonsense for years. If they can get something back for him, I wouldn't mind trading him.

I understand this is mainly venting, but Adam Jones has been roughly the 13th-most valuable Oriole position player since the franchise moved from St. Louis 62 years ago. I suppose he'd be a first ballot HOFer if only his approach wasn't total nonsense.

We live in die by the HR. If we hit 0 HR's we are toast. We will usually only manage to get a 1-2 runs without it. It's a struggle to get multiple runs when we have runners in scoring position with less than two outs. Davis, Trumbo, Schoop all swing for the fences and end up striking out most of the time.

We need to score 4-5 runs per game to beat teams like TOR/BOS. We just don't have the starting pitching talent (besides Tillman) to really shut a team like that down.

Archived