Attendance problem not just an Oriole problem?

Dark Helmet

27 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

It would obviously be great to be there for an epic playoff game.  But the harder thing is how to get people to drive 90 minutes in weekday rush hour traffic and get home at one in the morning on a work night to see them play the Royals in May.  

I've literally gone to more Orioles playoff games in the last 20 years than weekday regular season games.

I think people also forget when Camden opened games started at 730 and not 7.  

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

This data is from ticket purchases.  The Steelers have probably sold out Heinz Field for years and years.  You don't just say "hey, let's take the family to the Steelers game on Friday"  First, there's no game on Friday, it's three hours away, and taking the family to an NFL game probably costs you $800.  It's a whole different thing to decide to go to a baseball game.  You can get bleacher seats for $20 the week of the game, and eat at Arby's on the drive down.  

Also, we have no data on NFL ticket sales in central PA.  So are they really all Steelers fans?

I was with you up until the Arby's part.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/29/2019 at 10:30 AM, DrungoHazewood said:

Arby's roast beef isn't quite up on Roy Rogers level, but those are few and far between nowadays.

It's not even roast beef. It's pink slime dyed and glued together to look like roast beef or pastrami or some other product they are imitating.

• Downvote 1