CBS predicts that Wieters "unlikely" to get a QO; Trumbo definitely gets one

FanSince88

Seems to me that Davis had his best two years when there wasn't another 40 HR guy in the lineup. There's no "power pressure" on Davis.

I agree with this don't sign Trumbo to have "protection" for Davis. Davis just needs to straighten his head out or whatever was going on this season. Kim/Mancini/Alvarez can cover the DH slot. Acquire an outfielder with speed and good range.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with this don't sign Trumbo to have "protection" for Davis. Davis just needs to straighten his head out or whatever was going on this season. Kim/Mancini/Alvarez can cover the DH slot. Acquire an outfielder with speed and good range.

It's not so much about protection for Davis as it is having a guy in the middle of the order than can mash LHP. Nelson Cruz was that, and so was Trumbo. It makes a huge difference for a lineup where even the RHB struggle against LHP.

It's not so much about protection for Davis as it is having a guy in the middle of the order than can mash LHP. Nelson Cruz was that, and so was Trumbo. It makes a huge difference for a lineup where even the RHB struggle against LHP.

Trumbo had a .608 OPS vs. LHP this year, .932 vs. RHP. That hadn't been his past pattern, but he certainly did not mash LHP for us.

Archived