Trade Britton

25 Nuggets

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Time to get blasted by everyone. How about Andrew McCutchen for Zach? Put him in right and lead off.

Count me as saying, hell no.

McCutchen is now 30, and coming off a -.7 WAR, can he bounce back, most likely.

Maybe not.

You do not trade an elite player like this, unless its for a bag of blue chippers or a real stud like Trout.

Time to get blasted by everyone. How about Andrew McCutchen for Zach? Put him in right and lead off.

I won't blast you cause you're new. I will try to help you. Trading for McCutchen makes zero sense. He has a high salary. Is on the decline. Then he or Jones loses massive position value by moving to COF.

IF we're trading Britton you have to get two young, 5+ years of team control, MLB level players. For example an

OF

SP

Some examples:

Det- Moya OF, Norris SP +

Mets- Conforto OF, Flores IF, Smith/Nimmo

Tex- Mazara OF, Gallo OF/IF, Mendez SP

We'd have to be blown away just to come to the negotiating table. Texas is the best fit since they good young players and are trying to win a WS.

Kimbrell got a lot but if you look at the teams that seem to need a closure like Zach those teams have rather weak farm systems. The Red Sox were a team of need to compete and they had the prospects as well. You have to find a team with the need but also with the prospects as well. The teams with a need that jump out to me are the Giants. Cardinals, Mets and Rangers. The problem is not alot of teams with prospects that are ready to help now. The Giants are very weak and have little depth in their farm or young guys ready to help now. Mets are the same the have some pitching prospects and a good SS prospect but with their injuries in pitching not sure what they want to trade. Cardinals are the team that makes sense to me for filling our holes but they are usually a build from farm team.

Britton for Randall Grichuk, Alex reyes, Edmundo Sosa, and Carson Kelly

Grichuk gives us a outfielder under control for three more years and rather cheap. He plays center right now but could play right if they want to keep Jones in center and then move to center later on. He has been a solid player with around a 3 war as well.

Reyes is a top prospect that is maybe can be used as a starter at AA or AAA next year then brought up to the pen for the stretch run and be a full time starter for us in 2018 when Ubaldo, Miley, and Gallardo are done. He has a power arm who had 100 innings this year so start him in minors and get 100 innings or so then add another 20-30 out of pen for major league team to have him ready for 2018.

Sosa is another young SS prospect that is about 1-2 years away so he could be a guy to take over at SS when Hardy leaves. He has a good bat and has plus speed. He is a smaller guy so won't hit for much power but could be 10 homer guy with 20 steals type player.

Kelley is a major league ready catcher at this point and could be a nice platoon for us with Joseph. He got a small cup of coffee for the Cardinals this season and could be a guy that could play this season for us. He was a pitcher in high school so has a top level arm and has learned to catch. From teh reports he seems to be a Buck type of guy at catcher as well as is vocal behind the plate.

37b0641f1cb0ae77dc9b8fc8c84582543f16183b4745a5de1dbb0559473bb3e9.jpg

This! I personally like the idea, but it's not going to happen. Buck and DD want to win right now. The Indians in particular (but also the Cubs with Chapman) have shown how important it is to have dominant relievers in the playoffs.

No matter how good an idea it is, I don't see it happening.

This! I personally like the idea, but it's not going to happen. Buck and DD want to win right now. The Indians in particular (but also the Cubs with Chapman) have shown how important it is to have dominant relievers in the playoffs.

No matter how good an idea it is, I don't see it happening.

They are only important if the manager actually uses them.

I won't blast you cause you're new. I will try to help you. Trading for McCutchen makes zero sense. He has a high salary. Is on the decline. Then he or Jones loses massive position value by moving to COF.

IF we're trading Britton you have to get two young, 5+ years of team control, MLB level players. For example an

OF

SP

Some examples:

Det- Moya OF, Norris SP +

Mets- Conforto OF, Flores IF, Smith/Nimmo

Tex- Mazara OF, Gallo OF/IF, Mendez SP

We'd have to be blown away just to come to the negotiating table. Texas is the best fit since they good young players and are trying to win a WS.

The Nationals would not do it but Turner and Ross for Britton.

Boy if there ever was a time to trade Britton then now would be that time. Monster season. Plus teams are getting a good look at what guys like Chapman and Miller can do. Britton is in that category.

Even with Chapman, K.Jansen, and Melancon on the market. Chapman and Jansen will have QO's attached to them. They will both cost unheard of deals for relievers and 1st rd draft pick. A team could give Britton for two relatively inexpensive seasons, with the option to flip him if need be like the Yankees did Miller.

Givens stepping up and the depth in the minors, makes the decision easier for me. A bullpen of:

Brach

Givens

O'day

Hart

Drake

with these guys being really close to being ready(2017 eta):

Liranzo

Scott

J.Garcia

B.Kline

Cleavenger

Meisenger

Wright

Our system is really thin until you get to the most recent draft. But we have a ton of top end relief types.

If anyone wants to trade Britton then they need to be OK with the O's blowing multiple games. A great closer does help the starters too. What the

O's need is to develop a great farm system with better drafting. Then we can find star hitters and good starters in the system. Just like other teams such as Cardinals,

Dodgers,A's,Ray's,Red Sox,Yankees, most recently Cubs and others. The Yankees and Red Sox have got low draft picks they were good while they have

been on top, why can't the O's know talent like they do.

If anyone wants to trade Britton then they need to be OK with the O's blowing multiple games. A great closer does help the starters too. What the

O's need is to develop a great farm system with better drafting. Then we can find star hitters and good starters in the system. Just like other teams such as Cardinals,

Dodgers,A's,Ray's,Red Sox,Yankees, most recently Cubs and others. The Yankees and Red Sox have got low draft picks they were good while they have

been on top, why can't the O's know talent like they do.

You don't expect Britton to blow multiple saves next season?

Archived