Britton & Machado - do you trust Duke

Pruke

If I were Tillman I would take the money before 2015 repeated itself.

If Tillman has to decide this offseason (and he doesn't) then he should consider 2015 an outlier and his 2013-2016 average the norm. Tillman will almost double his career earnings next season through arbitration which takes some financial pressure off. I don't think he's interested unless it's a really, really solid offer. He's not superior, but he's a workhorse who's been successful in the AL East. He'll get paid.

... In 2010, Hoyer traded Kluber to the Indians as he tried to beef up San Diego’s roster for a run at the postseason. It didn’t work out — the Padres finished second in the NL West and missed the playoffs. Two major factors in San Diego’s fate that season were Ryan Ludwick, the key piece the Padres got in the three-team deal, underperformed; and the Cubs, ironically, took three of four games in a late-September series in San Diego.

"Obviously, you look back, and it’s clearly a mistake, and six years later you think, 'OK, how did that happen?'" Hoyer said of trading Kluber, per the Chicago Sun-Times. "How did this guy that we saw as a potential back-end starter but likely reliever turn into a dominant No. 1 starter?"

Hoyer said he felt "as good — if not better — about that process than any process I’ve ever run or been a part of" (via CSN Chicago), but it is often difficult to foresee how good a pitcher is going to turn out to be.

"Pitching kind of comes from everywhere," Hoyer said. "Most of the dominant pitchers in this series were guys that were traded and developed late."

As another example, the Cubs exec mentioned another Indians pitcher who looms large in this World Series.

"Andrew Miller — this guy was bounced around, traded — I think he was put through waivers — and now he’s like the most-sought-after deadline piece," Hoyer said. "He’s been the key to their team. All of that’s a good lesson."

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/news/world-series-2016-corey-kluber-indians-cubs-game-4-jed-hoyer-trade/1i5j1d7s0hrqj1iediv1dftkvd?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Archived