Bullpen Coach Dom Chiti Leaving Orginization

Can_of_corn

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, but I don't understand. Are you saying he shouldn't answer Buck's question of whether he wants the job? How does that work? Yeah, I think that if I had interest in an open higher position with my employer and I was asked whether I was interested in the job, I would most certainly respond.

Buck called him to ask about Roger McDowell then asked about his interest. So, Buck wants Chiti as a backup plan? That's disrespectful to ask Chiti about a guy, then ask if he'd have any interest in it. If Buck felt Chiti is good enough, why not give him the job in the first place. And I think that's what Chitis response to Buck implied.

Buck called him to ask about Roger McDowell then asked about his interest. So, Buck wants Chiti as a backup plan? That's disrespectful to ask Chiti about a guy, then ask if he'd have any interest in it. If Buck felt Chiti is good enough, why not give him the job in the first place. And I think that's what Chitis response to Buck implied.

So it makes sense to cut off your nose to spite your face? Sorry, but if he had interest in the job and decided to not answer the question of whether he was interested, that makes zero sense. My guess is, rather than being as thin-skinned as you make him out to be, that he simply wasn't interested and wanted to go to Atlanta.

Chiti was not in charge of the pitching staff. He was in charge of the bullpen coach. I think the O's had one of the best pens in baseball last year.

Excellent retort. I guess DD's acquisition of Brach, Buck's bullpen management, the organization's conversion and development of Givens, etc., all played a vey minor role. :)

I would think there was more of a disconnect when Dan was being courted by the Jays. They just went to the playoff together again. Maybe that means they are closer in their thinking and strategy now. Yes? No?

That's not the feeling I get from insiders. Both are hard headed and both have their "camps" within the organization. It seems to work though for the most part.

So it makes sense to cut off your nose to spite your face? Sorry, but if he had interest in the job and decided to not answer the question of whether he was interested, that makes zero sense. My guess is, rather than being as thin-skinned as you make him out to be, that he simply wasn't interested and wanted to go to Atlanta.

Yet the Orioles let Chitis contract expire and never even contacted him? According to Roch, Chiti wanted to stay an Oriole. Seems many coaches leave with a bad taste in their mouth in Baltimore. Who knows.

Matusz had already flamed out as a starter long before Chiti got here. I don't think Chiti should take the blame for him -- Matusz's career started going into the tank in 2011.

Just occurred to me, he is going to get a WS ring. And have to wonder if he ever pitches in the majors again. I guess someone will give him another loogy chance.

Yet the Orioles let Chitis contract expire and never even contacted him? According to Roch, Chiti wanted to stay an Oriole. Seems many coaches leave with a bad taste in their mouth in Baltimore. Who knows.

Seams like he had been talking to Buck, and wasn't extremely forth coming in his dialog.

Archived