Is Trumbo as good as gone?

Diehard_O's_Fan

17 minutes ago, PaulFolk said:

Where are you getting your info? Carter played 67 games (with an .864 OPS) for the 2012 Athletics, who went 94-68 and won the division on the last day. He was also a regular for the Astros in 2015 when they went to the postseason.

And who even cares what his teams W/L was? Lol

Useless info even if it were true. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/30/2016 at 0:08 PM, sportsfan8703 said:

This is just like the Cruz situation.  DD didn't pay Cruz and we replaced him with this,

Pearce 3.7 million

Young 2.25 million

Snider 2.1 million

De Aza 5 million

That's about 13 million spent on four players trying to replace Cruz.  We may have saved a million or two when we traded De Aza.  But we had to spend that on Parra's salary at the deadline.  Plus we lost Tarpley, Brault, and Davies in trades for OF's.  So 13 million and 2 pitchers that would probably be in our rotation right now.  Do we really need to repeat that?  

Just spend the money and keep Trumbo.  Bourn and Rickard would make fine late inning defensive subs for Kim and Trumbo.  The only question is how much does Trumbo want?  

Neither Young nor Pearce were replacements for Cruz.   They were already on the team for all of 2014 while Cruz was there.    De Aza was also on the team in 2014, but only in September, so you can consider him part of Cruz's replacement if you wish.  

26 minutes ago, gtown said:

The Rockies have the highest comp pick *that can be lost*, but the Orioles gain would be a sandwich pick at the end of round 1, no matter who signs Trumbo.

I know. But wouldn't the sandwhich pick  be higher if the Rockies sign him, as opposed to the Astros for example?

Just now, Dark Helmet said:

So what determines the sandwhich pick order? I've never followed the rules of that. I always thought the QO system was fairly dumb imo.

Same order as the draft order.  Since Mets signed Cespedes, the Orioles have the first comp pick, unless they sign Trumbo.

Archived