Trade Idea - White Sox (Go Big or Go Home)

wildbillhiccup

Let me shift gears a bit? Anyone see a way for us to get Eaton without having to copromise our ability to win now? I'm absolutely enamored with this guy because he'd be such a great fit for our team. Quintana could be another potential cheaper target to Sale, although I'm not sure they'd trade him.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Let me shift gears a bit? Anyone see a way for us to get Eaton without having to copromise our ability to win now? I'm absolutely enamored with this guy because he'd be such a great fit for our team. Quintana could be another potential cheaper target to Sale, although I'm not sure they'd trade him.

Maybe?  If they are willing to empty out what is left of the farm.

Part of the issue is if almost any other team is also in on him, which is very likely, that team is probably going to have better pieces to part with.

Between the projected payroll and the state of the farm I don't see the O's pulling off any significant moves to add talent to the team.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Maybe?  If they are willing to empty out what is left of the farm.

Part of the issue is if almost any other team is also in on him, which is very likely, that team is probably going to have better pieces to part with.

Between the projected payroll and the state of the farm I don't see the O's pulling off any significant moves to add talent to the team.

Yep, that's probably the unfortunate reality of the situation. 

2 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

We could do a win now move.  I think the only way you can justify that is if you can lock up Manny and Schoop right now.  I don't think we have the headliner to top other teams in a package for Eaton.  Not even with trading away the whole farm and the potential comp pick.  

2 hours ago, birdwatcher55 said:

I was thinking the same thing. This trade makes sense in a lot of ways for both teams. I would even sub in Gausman for Bundy in return for extension for Frazier.

Of course you would. It's robbery for us. This makes zero sense for the White Sox. 

On 11/24/2016 at 8:43 PM, sportsfan8703 said:

No chance of happening.  This offseason isn't that complicated.  We have 6 guys for the rotation.  The bullpen is basically set.  RIght now we need a DH, C, 1-2 OF's.  I'd be shocked if we did anything more than;

DH: Pedro Alvarez 2/14

C: Avila/other like vet C's on 1 year deals

OF: Bourn 1/1

OF: Pearce 2/7

OF: Reimold milb deal

Nothing sexy, but that really isn't needed.  I like our guys.  Especially if Bundy and Gausman take steps forward.  

There it is, if I am correct.  The first offseason mention of Nolan Reimold as part of an Orioles offseason plan.   I can't take it anymore, I just can't take it.   I know, I know, the retort will be "minor league deal only, no harm, low risk, blah, blah, blah."   NO!  NOOOOOOO!   NO to NOLAN!  Period, I don't care who we sign, but if the plan involves Nolan Reimold in any fashion, even with six degrees of separation, even a minor league deal, I am going to scream.   I am hoping against hope that some team out there is desperate enough to offer him a major league deal.  

2 hours ago, birdwatcher55 said:

I don't agree with you. I think this would be a great deal for both sides. We add a legitimate ace and fix two other long term problems. ChiSox get valuable assets they can build around or flip in deadline deals. Machado alone would net them three quality prospects.

And Sale, Eaton, Frazier would net them 8-10 quality prospects. 

10 minutes ago, Spider44 said:

Chris Sale should be our target. However, I believe signing Manny long-term is a must. The package that I would consider trading for Sale includes Britton, Jones, Mancini or Walker and a young pitcher or two not named Bundy or Gausman.

Why would the White Sox want Adam Jones? They have a significantly better center fielder. They also aren't going to want Britton in return for Sale. They're going to want prospects. We don't have the prospects to get him.

1 hour ago, birdwatcher55 said:

Sale would get you four but no way do the other two get you 6.

I think it would be more like 5-3-2.

Just looking at this proposal as 3 1 for 1 trades do you think it's even?

Manny Machado for Chris Sale?

Bundy for Adam Eaton?

Mancini for Frazier?

The only plausible proposal is Mancini for Frazier, and I'm not even sure that one works. Mancini isn't even that well thought of outside of Baltimore and Frazier is established as a well abover average major league player. 

Sale is under control affordably for longer than Manny, even though their value as players is similar. The extra control makes Sale more valuable in trade than Manny alone.

Bundy looked good at times this season but he hasn't proven he can stay healthy consistently. Adam Eaton is already established as a very good player and is coming off a 6 win season. I don't think Bundy or even Gausman gets him.

23 hours ago, tntoriole said:

There it is, if I am correct.  The first offseason mention of Nolan Reimold as part of an Orioles offseason plan.   I can't take it anymore, I just can't take it.   I know, I know, the retort will be "minor league deal only, no harm, low risk, blah, blah, blah."   NO!  NOOOOOOO!   NO to NOLAN!  Period, I don't care who we sign, but if the plan involves Nolan Reimold in any fashion, even with six degrees of separation, even a minor league deal, I am going to scream.   I am hoping against hope that some team out there is desperate enough to offer him a major league deal.  

I'm setting the betting odds that Reimold signs a milb deal with us at -250.  He's not going to get a mlb deal from anyone else.  So he knows he can sign an milb deal with us, go to ST, get AB's and see what happens.  We could do a lot worse off than him as depth in AAA.  See Norfolk and Bowie last year.  Our depth last year all fell flat on their faces.  There's worse things than having guys like Nolan Reimold and Paul Janish in AAA.  It's called Michael Almanzar and Joey Terdoslavich.  

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I'm setting the betting odds that Reimold signs a milb deal with us at -250.  He's not going to get a mlb deal from anyone else.  So he knows he can sign an milb deal with us, go to ST, get AB's and see what happens.  We could do a lot worse off than him as depth in AAA.  See Norfolk and Bowie last year.  Our depth last year all fell flat on their faces.  There's worse things than having guys like Nolan Reimold and Paul Janish in AAA.  It's called Michael Almanzar and Joey Terdoslavich.  

The problem is that this organization has never, ever, ever thought of Nolan Reimold as just a "depth" guy.  He has always, always, always been somehow seen as maybe an answer to something at the major league level and I think if he is at Norfolk, it will still be seen once again as somehow "doing something" about the outfield problem rather than actually solving the outfield problem.  Nope.  I prefer having Almanzar, Terdoslavich and anybody else at Norfolk rather than Nolan Reimold- that era is OVER, for me, anyway.   If Nolan still wants a deal, he can go to Japan...lol.   

Archived