Orioles interested in Curtis Granderson? (Heating up with Brach as a target)

Tony-OH

Just now, MDtransplant757 said:

Then that deal doesn't make sense for the Mets, because they want to get out of the 15 million owed to Granderson

Well, yes, they would like to get out of as much as possible, but they have to be realistic at some point.  There looks to be a value difference between Granderson at 1/$15 and 2 years of Brach, with this year's arb. estimated salary at $2.9.  No?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Is it selling low, though?

I think getting Granderson and a mid range prospect would be a good deal. Maybe the Mets can eat a couple million off Granderson's deal. 

Not for what Grandy makes it isn't. If a deal gets done (doubtful) it's because they take one of our crappy SP's IMO.

11 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

Not for what Grandy makes it isn't. If a deal gets done (doubtful) it's because they take one of our crappy SP's IMO.

That's what makes the most sense to me.  We each deal from surplus to fill a hole (yes the injury-riddled Mets rotation can use a SP).  Money matches up and since the Orioles get the better player, they send Brach too.

6 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

That's what makes the most sense to me.  We each deal from surplus to fill a hole (yes the injury-riddled Mets rotation can use a SP).  Money matches up and since the Orioles get the better player, they send Brach too.

Nope, sorry.  A major league starting pitcher AND Brach for Granderson.   Pass.    An a rotation can become "injury riddled" the first week of spring training, I would think they would hold on dealing away any veteran arms just yet.  

57 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

The point is you can get SO much more than Grandy. If Grandy was one piece OR they took one of the expensive piles of crap that we call a SP staff (Ubaldo, Miley, Gallardo), fine. But can do so much better.

I would have to be Grandy, PLUS them paying much of the $ IMO.

2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Nope, sorry.  A major league starting pitcher AND Brach for Granderson.   Pass.    An a rotation can become "injury riddled" the first week of spring training, I would think they would hold on dealing away any veteran arms just yet.  

So you really want the team to keep all three of Jimenez, Gallardo and Miley?  You wouldn't want to get rid of one of those salaries given the opportunity?

I guess the team can do the DL-dance with the three of them but it'd just be bad to have one of them in the pen.

Just now, 25 Nuggets said:

So you really want the team to keep all three of Jimenez, Gallardo and Miley?  You wouldn't want to get rid of one of those salaries given the opportunity?

I guess the team can do the DL-dance with the three of them but it'd just be bad to have one of them in the pen.

I would just want to play it out as long as possible even through spring training before dealing one.  Look at Gonzalez last year, or Gallardo being on the DL, etc. etc.   Trade one right now in early December, then Tillman sprains an ankle in March and Miley has a sore back in April and the next thing you know, here come Wright and Wilson again.    I am willing to part with one if the deal is right, but as an add on with Brach just for Granderson is not what I would want to see. 

8 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Trade one right now in early December, then Tillman sprains an ankle in March and Miley has a sore back in April and the next thing you know, here come Wright and Wilson again.    I am willing to part with one if the deal is right, but as an add on with Brach just for Granderson is not what I would want to see.

How about Brach and one of Gallardo/Jimenez for Granderson and Wheeler? Wheeler goes to the BP and gets the Bundy treatment?

Granderson for Brach makes sense but not the money...that's quite a difference in salary. I don't think the Mets want any of our trash starters nor do they probably want to pay much of Grandersons salary so the only thing I can think of is to include a prospect. Who knows if they'd be willing to do that though.

Archived