Orioles told Bautista's reps...Orioles fans don't like him

Dark Helmet

27 minutes ago, Hallas said:

Maybe.  Would we love him if he got knocked out by Rougned Odor because he was mouthing off?  Not sure I would.

No one really liked Belle when he was an Oriole.  They tolerated him.  I don't think you want one of your star players to be merely tolerated by your fan base.

edit: Also, to your point about Machado, he was a draft pick.  He had no choice, and the O's have no choice.  We take what we can.  I also think that Machado is more likeable than Bats.

Everything I've heard is Bautista is a good guy who does alot for the community. He's well liked in his team's clubhouse. 

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmm....if true this is awesome. I can not stand the guys prissy attitude and I can't believe anyone is comparing him to Manny. Manny did some immature things but it's not like it was something consistent like Bautistas penchant for being an itch with a B. Can not be happier that he won't be an O. I want them to win but signing an aging asshole slugger is not the way to do it even if he would presumably hit some clutch homers.

13 minutes ago, Hallas said:

Pre-FA?  Everyone that's pre-FA is an automatic keep unless they break the law and/or commit some horrible faux pas.  For a FA signing or extension? Manny's personality definitely comes into play when considering an extension for him.  He's borderline but I'd keep him.  Wouldn't take Harper for an extension.

Eh, Reggie Jackson was hated by the fans and his own team. Won a WS. If Bautista helped us win a WS, I'm sure we'd all be fine with him.

11 minutes ago, oriole said:

Hmmmm....if true this is awesome. I can not stand the guys prissy attitude and I can't believe anyone is comparing him to Manny. Manny did some immature things but it's not like it was something consistent like Bautistas penchant for being an itch with a B. Can not be happier that he won't be an O. I want them to win but signing an aging asshole slugger is not the way to do it even if he would presumably hit some clutch homers.

I wasn't comparing Manny to Bautista. I said some fans consider Machado an A-hole. 

45 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

It's true, but if he makes us better is that a good reason? I don't like this if true. 

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/12/blue-jays-in-talks-with-jose-bautista-indians-also-interested.html?fv-home=true&post-id=79583

The only thing I don't like is giving up the draft pick, especially how Rajsich drafted last year. If he's coming into his own now, I don't want to take that away. saying all of that, i'd give up the pick for three years of Bautista. Orioles fans don't like him, there is little doubt to that, saying that, 99% would love him once he's in the orange and black.

I am 100% behind NOT even making an attempt to sign him.  While he may not be a cancer in the BJ clubhouse, you can almost 100% bet that he would be one in the Orioles clubhouse.  Not only do the Oriole fans not like him, but it is very obvious that many Oriole player do not like him.

Steer clear. Find someone else.

22 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

The only thing I don't like is giving up the draft pick, especially how Rajsich drafted last year. If he's coming into his own now, I don't want to take that away. saying all of that, i'd give up the pick for three years of Bautista. Orioles fans don't like him, there is little doubt to that, saying that, 99% would love him once he's in the orange and black.

Oh definitely. I can understand not wanting to give up a pick for him. I dislike Bautista's antics, but he's one of those guys if he's on your team you love him Ala Ray Lewis.

As much as I don't like him, I'm sure that I'd start to like him. That pains me to admit.

I just don't know what to really make of him. I wonder what former teammates think about him. I worry what the atmosphere in a clubhouse with Jones, O'Day and Bautista would be like. There is a history of bad blood there. 

Archived