The Market Will Come To Dan

Camden_yardbird

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

And PA trusted AM much more than he trusts Dan.

Which, if true, is why Dan would probably need to garner Buck's strong support for either case.   Although sometimes the realization of the passage of an all too limited time on this Earth can sometimes lead people to make decisions differently than they did earlier.  Or not.  We shall see. 

Dan, to Roch. MASNsports.com

"Sometimes, if you wait the market comes to you. Sometimes, if you wait the market goes away. It depends. When I was in Boston, Mr. (John) Harrington used to say, ‘We can live with anybody for two years.’ So the two-year contracts, that’s always an option for the team.

“We want to have a catcher who can help us run the game and contribute offensively, and those catchers are hard to find.”

52 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

I wonder how much PA goes over Dan to get Bucks input on decisions?

I would think quite a bit. But Buck is pretty savvy, so I bet he backs Dan most of the time because they try to stay on the same page with things that go to Peter.

5 hours ago, weams said:

Dan, to Roch. MASNsports.com

"Sometimes, if you wait the market comes to you. Sometimes, if you wait the market goes away. It depends. When I was in Boston, Mr. (John) Harrington used to say, ‘We can live with anybody for two years.’ So the two-year contracts, that’s always an option for the team.

“We want to have a catcher who can help us run the game and contribute offensively, and those catchers are hard to find.”

Matt Wieters - 98 OPS+, 87 OPS+ in 2016

Wellington Castillo - 97 OPS+, 93 OPS+ in 2016

Hick Hundley - 92 OPS+, 88 OPS+ in 2016

Kurt Suzuki - 87 OPS+, 90 OPS+ in 2016

--------

That's what we're looking at.  Nothing's changed, Dan.

19 hours ago, Stevie Janowski said:

No, I don't have an incurable disease (real mature of you to trivialize incurable diseases, btw).  I am, however, sick of having the fact that they've never won in my lifetime hanging over my head everywhere I go.  I want to be able to sit back and enjoy baseball for what it is and not be stressed out each time we allow a base runner, but I can't do that because there's so much at stake on every single bleeping pitch, and there will be until they win it all.  So you can see why I'm upset that Duquette continues to rip that dream away from me.

Hanging around your head everywhere you go? Seriously? Do you show up at work and people relentlessly mock you about the Orioles' non-championship? Do you go to get a coffee in the morning and the barista points and laughs?

Take a breath. This is sports. We all love the O's, but if the fact that they haven't won a World Series is a crippling, life-ruining catastrophe for you, then I think you need to get your priorities straight.

Another thing-- it's perfectly fine to criticize Duquette, but stop with the cracks about his intelligence and implying that he's a moron. That's classless and inappropriate for this board.

Just now, PaulFolk said:

Hanging around your head everywhere you go? Seriously? Do you show up at work and people relentlessly mock you about the Orioles' non-championship? Do you go to get a coffee in the morning and the barista points and laughs?

Take a breath. This is sports. We all love the O's, but if the fact that they haven't won a World Series is a crippling, life-ruining catastrophe for you, then I think you need to get your priorities straight.

Another thing-- it's perfectly fine to criticize Duquette, but stop with the cracks about his intelligence and implying that he's a moron. That's classless and inappropriate for this board.

I am so grateful that Tony gives us the ignore option, because some posters are truly not worth reading.

9 hours ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Matt Wieters - 98 OPS+, 87 OPS+ in 2016

Wellington Castillo - 97 OPS+, 93 OPS+ in 2016

Hick Hundley - 92 OPS+, 88 OPS+ in 2016

Kurt Suzuki - 87 OPS+, 90 OPS+ in 2016

--------

That's what we're looking at.  Nothing's changed, Dan.

I think we see MW back on a 3/27-30 deal.  We just have to wait for Boras to do his show.  But these other options aren't bad, we shouldn't miss out on those waiting around too long either.  

1 hour ago, PaulFolk said:

I will tell you something else inappropriate. Trading a future HOFer for Scott Feldman. Assembling a starting staff that consists of Miley, Gallardo & Ubaldo Jimenz.

That is truly inappropriate.

In that posters defense, most on here are just find with mediocrity. People set in their ways, probably speaks to demographics of people that post on an internet message board, doesn't represent the fan base as a whole.

Some pretty well connected people I know all but said DD hasn't been fully engaged since the Toronto incident. Believe whatever you want, but when your employer stops you from taking the job you want, you will never be giving 110% after that. Not to say he is intentionally trying to lose....just saying it's not inappropriate to question his drive, particularly when your boss steps on your shoes and is signing Chris Davis to a bloated contract.

16 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

I will tell you something else inappropriate. Trading a future HOFer for Scott Feldman. Assembling a starting staff that consists of Miley, Gallardo & Ubaldo Jimenz.

That is truly inappropriate.

In that posters defense, most on here are just find with mediocrity. People set in their ways, probably speaks to demographics of people that post on an internet message board, doesn't represent the fan base as a whole.

Some pretty well connected people I know all but said DD hasn't been fully engaged since the Toronto incident. Believe whatever you want, but when your employer stops you from taking the job you want, you will never be giving 110% after that. Not to say he is intentionally trying to lose....just saying it's not inappropriate to question his drive, particularly when your boss steps on your shoes and is signing Chris Davis to a bloated contract.

Did you know that Arrieta was a future Hall of Famer at that time?  

Also, you got the winning powerball numbers for tonight's drawing?

Dan said prices are too high and Buck said he will rest his veterans more. Same as it ever was. And you may ask yourself 
How do I work this? 
And you may ask yourself 
Where is that large free agent signing? 
And you may tell yourself 
This is not my World Series Orioles
And you may tell yourself 
This is a beautiful team. 

Free agents dissolving...and free agents removing 
There is free agents  at the bottom of the ocean 
Under the water, carry the water at the bottom of the ocean 
Get  the free agent  at the bottom of the ocean 

Dumpster diving. Same as it ever was.