TT: Who would you want as a full-time DH?

Tony-OH

Who would you want as a full-time DH?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want as a full-time DH?

14 minutes ago, ReclaimTheCrown said:

Clearly C or D are the most intriguing.  As I've got a hunch (as I'm sure others do) as to who at least one of those players is, I'm curious which AAA league each guy played in.  Obviously there can be some pretty darned inflated numbers coming out of the PCL...

They all played in the International League in the last ten years. They all have similar amount of plate appearances though Player C has a bit less.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

PM sent.  I don't want to taint Tony's experiment by naming names.

On a side note can we still do spoiler tags on the new board?  (not that anyone really bothered, I'm just curious)

Thanks. I know it's natural to try and figure out who is who, and it won't be rocket science to figure out some, but I'll obviously follow this up with names shortly.

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

PM sent.  I don't want to taint Tony's experiment by naming names.

On a side note can we still do spoiler tags on the new board?  (not that anyone really bothered, I'm just curious)

Edited my post. 

That players name crossed my mind. 

1 minute ago, ChuckS said:

D in a landslide.  But for the record, I think our best option at DH is to do a platoon there with one of those DH's having the ability to play the outfield.  

Honestly that's always been my thoughts on the DH unless you can put an impact bat there. Trying to platoon two guys with little defensive ability limits the flexibility.

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Honestly that's always been my thoughts on the DH unless you can put an impact bat there. Trying to platoon two guys with little defensive ability limits the flexibility.

I think if your right handed half (of the platoon) is Mancini, someone like Matt Joyce would have been perfect.  30-40 games with Joyce in the OF wouldn't hurt like Trumbo playing 120 there or whatever it was last year. 

On that note, there are worse things in the world than having Trumbo DH 120 games against RHP and playing RF for 30 games against LHP.  

We really need a LHH who can play a solid corner outfield.  Improves both our OF and DH situation given our current team configuration. 

Archived