The Yovani Gallardo Appreciation Thread

Can_of_corn

5 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Worst FA signing in team history?

He seems like a nice guy though. Good luck to him in Seattle. 

I don't know, they used to give up draft picks for relief pitchers.

It was a pretty obvious bad signing, what with failing the physical and all.

38 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Worst FA signing in team history?

He seems like a nice guy though. Good luck to him in Seattle. 

I would rank David Segui ahead him on the bad contracts list.  He made 28 mil in four years with us. Present day value of that is probably at least double.

It's the worse in recent memory although let's see how Ubaldo finishes out.    Another bad year from Ubaldo and he could make a case for himself.  

I don't actually think Gallardo was quite as bad last year as some people here make him out to have been. But he certainly wasn't good either. 

He underperformed but never gave me any reason to dislike him personally. He was an Oriole and I was rooted for him while he was here. Would be nice to see the Mariners in the playoffs for once so I'm happy to continue rooting for him in Seattle, and I wouldn't be surprised if he had a better season. 

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Ironic if falls to me to do this.

Thanks Gallardo for proving me right in such spectacular fashion.

May you have success in the great North-West.

My shoulder had sympathetic pain each time he threw a ball. 

34 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

I would rank David Segui ahead him on the bad contracts list.  He made 28 mil in four years with us. Present day value of that is probably at least double.

It's the worse in recent memory although let's see how Ubaldo finishes out.    Another bad year from Ubaldo and he could make a case for himself.  

Garrett Atkins.  Ubaldo.  Jay Payton. 

26 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Good guy - it's unfortunate for him his arm turned to jelly, he was a pretty good pitcher in Milwaukee for some time.  You can't blame him for the mistake of signing him.

I don't blame him at all.  You could see that he knows how to pitch and he was trying to get guys out with his diminished stuff.

Archived