Breaking: DD has interest in Hammel

Rene88

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Whoever Hammel would displace would be the pricey 6th starter.    Miley's making $8.9 mm, Jimenez is making $13.5 mm.    Unless you want to displace Bundy.   (Hint: NOOOOO!)

That all depends.  If Dan is negotiating with Tillman's agent and it is not going well, then Dan may have to trade Tillman.  Then signing Hammel does not make it  6 starters, it would make it 5.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, wildcard said:

That all depends.  If Dan is negotiating with Tillman's agent and it is not going well, then Dan may have to trade Tillman.  Then signing Hammel does not make it  6 starters, it would make it 5.

I'll be shocked if Tillman is traded, under any circumstances, before the season.

19 minutes ago, wildcard said:

You certain have the creative mind. 

33 minutes ago, oriole said:

I see no reason to believe that DD will make a move for a starter on a major league deal with no options without making a corresponding move. If he can move Ubaldo and then sign Hammel that's great but highly unlikely 

We said the same about Gallardo so, *shrug*

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

I don't think that Hammel warrants consideration as a replacement for Tillman.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I'll be shocked if Tillman is traded, under any circumstances, before the season.

So I wonder if you think that the O's may  trade Manny after the 2017 season if he wants a 300m contract that they can't afford  but you  would be shocked if Tillman won't sign this off season if he does  not get 5/100m.  If that happens I can see the O's trading him instead of getting a 3td round draft pick after the season. They can't afford to have that happen.

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

So I wonder if you think that the O's may  trade Manny after the 2017 season if he wants a 300m contract that they can't afford  but you  would be shocked if Tillman won't sign this off season if he does  not get 5/100m.  If that happens I can see the O's trading him instead of getting a 3td round draft pick after the season. They can't afford to have that happen.

The signing team might lose a third round pick.  That doesn't mean the losing team only gets a third.  They still get a sandwich pick between the first and second rounds.

Unless of course you think that Tillman won't make 50 million. (end of second round)

Or that the O's will be over the luxury tax threshold. (after the fourth round)

42 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

We said the same about Gallardo so, *shrug*

There was less certainty with Gausman and Bundy then though and Gonzalez was coming off a bad year. Money dictates that Ubaldo and Miley will be in the rotation and it's safe to say Tillman, Gausman and Bundy will all start the year in the rotation. 

Archived