Make These Moves and We Are WS Contenters

ELMERO

4 minutes ago, Justinlstn said:

I didn't say he didn't have value, just my personal preference. His power will increase, and it could affect his swing which could increase his SO's. Hard to go off one healthy season to say what his norm is.

But it's all a mute point since the Astros are not trading away a core player and are still competitive and young.

It's moot point not mute point. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Astros are trying to win the WS this year.  All they've done this offseason is add pieces.  Why would they subract one of their most valuable players?  I can't even think of a  package for Springer that we could muster up that wouldn't be pathetic. 

The only way I could see the Astros trading Springer is if he was part of a massive deal (along with all their top prospects) to get Trout 

Why in the world would the Astros trade Springer for a middle-aged middle reliever? For context, they gave up Velasquez for Giles last year. Valasquez was a lesser commodity than Springer and Giles was a more heralded prospect and reliever than Brach. And if the Astros had a do over (today) I don't think they'd make that move. 

9 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

That's fair. Don't think I would trade Gausman + for Springer either lol.

I wouldn't make the move based on the teams strengths / weaknesses, but right now it's hard to argue that Springer isn't a more valuable ML player then Gausman. No chance the Astros make that deal. 

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Its a Moo Point. Like a cows opinion: it doesn't matter. Its Moo.

C.o.C., I love readin' your stuff.  You're one of the main reasons I love this site.  You're funny and KYS.  Do you agree that none of the remaining FA possibilities are going to help this club and that the only possible avenue to get that OFer who can hit LHP and play solid D, is by a trade?  I'll admit, the Springer idea is a pipe dream, but what about Melky Cabrera, (who I have never liked, for some reason, but, at least has the stats that meet our criteria) and bring Miggy back for, say, Tanner Scott, Jomar Reyes and Austin Hays?  Would that arouse the ChiSox interest?

1 minute ago, ELMERO said:

C.o.C., I love readin' your stuff.  You're one of the main reasons I love this site.  You're funny and know KYS.  Do you agree that none of the remaining FA possibilities are going to help this club and that the only possible avenue to get that OFer who can hit LHP and play solid D, is by a trade?  I'll admit, the Springer idea is a pipe dream, but what about Melky Cabrera, (who I have never liked, for some reason, but, at least has the stats that meet our criteria) and bring Miggy back for, say, Tanner Scott, Jomar Reyes and Austin Hays?  Would that arouse the ChiSox interest?

That is 100% what my post was about.

That clip.

That joke.

2 minutes ago, ELMERO said:

C.o.C., I love readin' your stuff.  You're one of the main reasons I love this site.  You're funny and know KYS.  Do you agree that none of the remaining FA possibilities are going to help this club and that the only possible avenue to get that OFer who can hit LHP and play solid D, is by a trade?  I'll admit, the Springer idea is a pipe dream, but what about Melky Cabrera, (who I have never liked, for some reason, but, at least has the stats that meet our criteria) and bring Miggy back for, say, Tanner Scott, Jomar Reyes and Austin Hays?  Would that arouse the ChiSox interest?

I have a very low opinion of the O's farm system right now.  I don't see how the O's can realistically trade for a difference maker with what they have on the farm.

I think between the farm and the future payroll obligations the O's don't have much wiggle room to add for 2017.

That being said Gallardo for Smith was a solid move.

Archived