Will Rickard beat out Kim for the starting job in left field?

wildcard

1 hour ago, FlipTheBird said:

Joey Rickard is probably destined to be a career 4th outfielder. Which is fine. Teams need extra outfielders. I don't envision him being a regular, everyday guy.

Joey is buddies with Brady? I hope he performs and does become the next Reimold who routinely and mysteriously makes the O's roster for no apparent reason. Honestly, the fact that Reimold was used as a defensive replacement last year is one of the more baffling things I have ever witnessed in 40 years of watching baseball. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, pastorfan said:

Joey is buddies with Brady? I hope he performs and does become the next Reimold who routinely and mysteriously makes the O's roster for no apparent reason. Honestly, the fact that Reimold was used as a defensive replacement last year is one of the more baffling things I have ever witnessed in 40 years of watching baseball. 

As an official representative of the Orioles, I doubt its because they are buddies.

2 hours ago, TommyPickles said:

Who do you think has a higher ceiling, Kim or Rickard?

I think both of their second years in the Bigs will go a long way in answering this question.

I could see either of them eventually becoming an everyday player.  I could also see neither of them reaching this level.  I could see Rickard becoming a plus defender, who swipes fifteen bases, and gets on base at a respectable level.  I could see Kim beginning to hit LHP, getting up to the 15-20 homers, and maintaining a .790ish OPS for seasons to come.  

Excited to see how it shakes out. 

Be nice to see both things happen.

They would be a powerful 1-2 punch in the line up. I like how Rickard works the count. He's not going hack at the first pitch line Adam. So anytime they are both in the line up could be a great thing. We haven't had a good lead off hitter since Brian Roberts.

21 minutes ago, mrbig1 said:

I like how Rickard works the count. He's not going hack at the first pitch line Adam. 

You know who is the FAR superior player right? Maybe it is partially because he attacks first pitch fastballs. 

27 minutes ago, weams said:

You know who is the FAR superior player right? Maybe it is partially because he attacks first pitch fastballs. 

No, it's just because he's bigger, stronger, faster and has better hand-eye coordination and has worked hard for a very long time to utilize his talents.  

11 hours ago, mrbig1 said:

They would be a powerful 1-2 punch in the line up. I like how Rickard works the count. He's not going hack at the first pitch line Adam. So anytime they are both in the line up could be a great thing. We haven't had a good lead off hitter since Brian Roberts.

Adam Jones when he puts the first pitch in play -

• Career: .364 BA / .382 OBP / .626 SLG / 1.008 OPS
  • 2016: .302 BA / .321 OBP / .621 SLG / .954 OPS

I wish he would hit the first pitch more often.

13 hours ago, mrbig1 said:

I wish it resulted in him actually getting on base. His peripheral plate discipline numbers don't look bad but it still resulted in a below average walk rate. That's not a good thing when you also can't be expected to hit for much power.

Archived