Rutgers @ Maryland

Munson

Justin Jackson is the one guy who hasn't been impressive tonight.  He's been struggling for a few games it seems.

Reminds me of Robert Carter last year when he started out hot and then faded away as the season wore on.

We're still allowing far too many offensive rebounds, and we go through periods where we'll turn the ball over 6 or 7 times in a short time.

The Terps really played poorly tonight but were able to get a fairly easy win thanks to Rutgers inability to hit free throws or make 3-pointers. Rutgers definitely out rebounded and out hustled the Terps all night and considering this was an off night for the Freshman (though Huerter's 2nd half gave him a decent night), really have to feel good that this team can still find a way to win on an off night.

Honestly, besides Rutger's poor free throws and inability to really score on anything but inside shots, the only other thing that kept them in the game was Justin Jackson, who was truly awful tonight. His six turnovers were really bad and congrats for Turgeon taking him out for the rest of the game after his last one. That's two out of the last three games that Jackson has been off, but I'm not really worried about him. He's talented and just having some growing pains.

Huerter couldn't hit water falling out of a boat in the 1st half, but he does so many good things that he seems to be always helping the team even when not scoring. He's quickly becoming my favorite Terp to watch and a good second half gave him decent numbers overall but his team leading six assists to just one turnover as well as his team leading 8 rebounds were fantastic.

Bender was actually pretty decent tonight and even Gill was good for the most part in his time on the court scoring 7 and getting 3 rebounds in just 13 mins on court. Trimble was his normal steady self though he had a few bad turnovers as well, but that's Trimble.  

This team has found ways to win when they are not hitting on all cylinders and despite their inability to rebound consistently, it's hard to argue with an 18-2 record to start the year. 

Huerter is like Layman in that he helps in all facets but doesn't go crazy in any one area. He's also the only reliable three point shooter we have imo. Haven't felt confident in a sniper going back to Eric Hayes and Drew Nicholas before him.

Just seems like different guys go off depending on matchup and how they're shooting that particular game. Maybe that's the state of college basketball at this stage. Gap between good and bad teams has really shrunk. If you're off in any given game and the team you're playing is shooting lights out, you can lose.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2017/

I don't follow the NBA but I stumbled upon this mock draft.  The only MD player they have getting drafted is Melo (second to last pick).  Justin Jackson is on there, but it's the UNC Justin Jackson, not ours.  I could see our whole team returning next year, besides the seniors, obviously.  Add in our two highly rated recruits for the 2017 class, and this could be a top 10 team going into next season.  The mock has Melo going to San Antonio.  If he does enter the draft, I'd love to see him go to a great organization like the Spurs. 

BTW, Maryland native Markelle Fultz is the favorite to go #1 overall in the NBA draft.  It would've been cool to have him for a year, but I prefer Cowan and Huerter since they look like 4 year guys. 

It would be great to have Melo for all four years. The only thing i would say is the more I watch Huerter, the more I think he might not be around for four years. If he bulks up enough his Junior year and still has his quickness, I could see the NBA come calling.

Having Huerter for 3 years would be fine IMO although I would love him for all 4.  If Melo returns for his senior season, which is think is 50/50, the Terps should battle for a Final Four appearance.  

MD really needs to limit the turnovers.  It is very frustrating to watch them squander opportunities on stupid plays.  If they can score on even 1/4 of the plays in which they turn the ball over these games will not be nearly as close.  Somewhere along the line you would think the turnovers would decrease but through 20 games that really hasnt happened.  

I just hope that the team limits the turnovers soon or once we face the upper end of the B1G these games could very well turn into losses and a lower seed.  

Archived