Should We Trade Davis?

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think his contract makes him untradeable, and he'll get more untradeable the longer the contract goes, since the more productive years should be the early ones.     I'm just hoping he can have a couple years of high level production.   His thumb was an issue last year and I think he'll have a better season in 2017, not that 2016 was that bad.

Bad contract. Not going to happen. 

To be clear: everyone loves Chris. I wanted to see him resigned. It actually sent a positive message to the fans by resigning him, but still an awful contract. #themdafacts

As Frobby said, hope he puts up a killer year here and next. I will say this, he isn't that bad in RF so if his production slumps, might be an option later.

41 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think his contract makes him untradeable, and he'll get more untradeable the longer the contract goes, since the more productive years should be the early ones.     I'm just hoping he can have a couple years of high level production.   His thumb was an issue last year and I think he'll have a better season in 2017, not that 2016 was that bad.

Do you really believe an injured thumb led to his setting the all-time record for called third strikes?

29 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Of course not.   Do you really believe that's the only reason he had a subpar season?

I believe the dislocated thumb was the reason his numbers were down.  Frobby, what do you think was the reason he continually stood there and took strike three right down the middle?  Is it simply that he is a "guess" hitter?

40 minutes ago, ELMERO said:

Do you really believe an injured thumb led to his setting the all-time record for called third strikes?

Do you also believe that Adam Jones needs to lay off that low and away slider??  Would you rather the called third strike or the swing and miss on the low and away slider that another batter thinks will be a called strike???

One player is selective and gets called out the other selects to swing and is out.  An Out is an Out when no contact is made.

14 minutes ago, thezeroes said:

Do you also believe that Adam Jones needs to lay off that low and away slider??  Would you rather the called third strike or the swing and miss on the low and away slider that another batter thinks will be a called strike???

One player is selective and gets called out the other selects to swing and is out.  An Out is an Out when no contact is made.

Gee, I didn't know that!  An Out is an Out.  Huh!  Well, that clears up everything, then!

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I know you and others a more than likely correct about the decline in the later years of the contract, but I do hold out hope his athleticism stifles that....some. 

But yea, trading him right now is not an option.    

15 minutes ago, ELMERO said:

Gee, I didn't know that!  An Out is an Out.  Huh!  Well, that clears up everything, then!

Sarcasm noted.  I think complaining about one type of stikeout over another makes little sense to me.  That is why AN OUT IS AN OUT when no contact is made. 

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

He's a big part of our offense and defense the next 2 or 3 years. We need him.

Archived