For heaven's sake say NO! to a pitcher with pick #4!!!

Matusz looks and pitches like Cole Hamels.

That is a fair assessment, but you'd have to flip flop curveball and changeup wouldn't you? I thought Matusz's curveball is supposed to be his incredible pitch and his changeup is above average, where Hamels is the other way around.

Nevermind, I checked.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at all the arm injuries the Orioles have sustained this year. The next pitch Matusz throws could be his last.

No way we s/use the fourth pick in all of baseball for a pitcher. How much of a drop in quality is there between Matusz and the next lowest position player, anyway? Not much I wouldn't think.

Provided we spend the rest of the early draft rounds on position players, I can stomach taking Matusz or Crow in the 1st Round.

Wait, you mean theres more than 1 round in this draft!!! Nonsense!:laughlol:

We shall have 1 player and 1 player only from this draft!

Look at all the arm injuries the Orioles have sustained this year. The next pitch Matusz throws could be his last.

No way we s/use the fourth pick in all of baseball for a pitcher. How much of a drop in quality is there between Matusz and the next lowest position player, anyway? Not much I wouldn't think.

THAT is exactly IT.......never take a pitcher that high when you have good bats available. Ben Mcdonald. Lowen. Hale ahhh the memories. oh yeah, how about Cenate, another top 40 pick who lasted one year, due to injuries. When you factor all the pitching in the pipeline , this is just ludicrious to pick a pitcher. By the way what were the Names of the to stud pitchers the cubs took so high, but are now afterthought. Prior and ? There is a lesson here for the wise.

Wait, you mean theres more than 1 round in this draft!!! Nonsense!:laughlol:

We shall have 1 player and 1 player only from this draft!

This board will go into hysterics if we spend the first three or four picks on pitchers. :D

I am as much for taking a hitter as anyone. But if you take Matsuz then you get the best pitcher in this draft, at least on paper, and it free's the FO up to trade Spoone or Hernandez or the like for position prospects, and maybe more proven position prospects.

Unfortunatly the draft may come before we ever see what the FO can get for those pitchers.

Archived