Could Manny Machado Leave For The Yankees?

PressBoxOnline

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

I missed this, care to explain or leave an article that explains it? 

They sold a third to Disney for $1.1B.....and I think ESPN can buy another 1/3.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/09/how-disney-mlb-advanced-media-deal-sets-them-up-for-the-future.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybrown/2016/07/05/disneys-investment-in-mlb-advanced-media-spin-off-will-be-a-win-win-for-both-sides/#5385186f4630

21 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Hopefully the Orioles will engage in extension talks with his agent and get this done, because I agree, the closer it gets, the more of a distraction it becomes. I mean, who wants to go buy a #120 Machado jersey that might be worthless in two years?

Besides, if there is no movement and it's clear he's interested in the bottom dollar, then they know they may have to consider moving him at the trade deadline this year if they are out of contention.

This would be the only sensible way to handle things if Manny made it clear he was going to test free agency.  So yeah, they need to find out what his intentions are ASAP.  Given the way the Orioles have played this aspect of the business game since MacPhail's first offseason, I'm very, very worried that they will let this opportunity go to waste.

17 minutes ago, CP0861 said:

That's amazing. Is that 34 million per owner then? Or one year of Manny? 

1 minute ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Sox are set with Pablo/Hanley at 3B. Dodgers have no need for him with Justin Turner returning. 

So he signs with the Marlins after the 2018 season and is traded 18 months later.

You think Pablo/Hanley and Turner are going to be deal breakers?

Archived