Worst Loss

Camden_yardbird

I'm trying to be philosophical about this loss.    Our bats have been sleeping for a couple of weeks, especially Manny and Trumbo.    Those guys broke out and in general it was a great game for the offense.     Gausman's final line isn't too good but he had a good start going for 4-5 innings.     I'll take those two trends and forget about a one-time bullpen implosion.   So long as we don't go on a big losing binge now.   The O's lost another three in a row after the Mother's Day Massacre.    Win today and I'll forget about yesterday.   

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

Well, then, let's just Blow It Up. (Just kidding, but 20 minutes ago I might have traded the whole pitching staff if I had a way to do that.)

Neither do half the guys in the bullpen. Yea they got there studs but the rest is AAAA filler. 

Sick to my stomach after this one. Now I know how "WTF" came to be.

With the bases loaded, just before the NY grand slam, I turned to my wife and said that the pitchers can't just assume the game was over. I had the feeling it was the O's pitchers mindset.

I had a fridge full of beer, and this game caused me to go to bed 2 ..beers in.

Agree with the rest of the series determining how "bad" this loss was.

A secondary annoyance of this is that it gives the "Baby Bombers" a signature win. I know that kind of talk is used more by fans than teams, but I think it matters. I know the current run the O's are on had some nice signature wins that seemed to spark them long term. 

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I'm trying to be philosophical about this loss.    Our bats have been sleeping for a couple of weeks, especially Manny and Trumbo.    Those guys broke out and in general it was a great game for the offense.     Gausman's final line isn't too good but he had a good start going for 4-5 innings.     I'll take those two trends and forget about a one-time bullpen implosion.   So long as we don't go on a big losing binge now.   The O's lost another three in a row after the Mother's Day Massacre.    Win today and I'll forget about yesterday.   

And just like last year, when the bats wake up the pitching goes to hell. This team can just never seem to fire on all cylinders.

3 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

And just like last year, when the bats wake up the pitching goes to hell. This team can just never seem to fire on all cylinders.

We're 14-7, that's good enough for me!    I'd rather be 15-6 though.  

Thats a win that the Yankees are going to point at for the turning point of their season.  Maybe not a turning point, but a moment where they realized that they were for real.

For us, I fear that this weekend has exposed us and our deficiencies are finally showing.

Hate to say it, but I envy the Yankees and their future.  

17 hours ago, Frobby said:

What he said.

6 hours ago, El Gordo said:

What he said.

Yes!  Put the Arbor Day Massacree in the rear view mirror and pound out a win off a nameless hurler who could, however, go down in Roy's historic record book if we are not careful!  Miles and miles of Miley! (AATW)

Archived