Trey Mancini needs to be in every day line-up

Diehard_O's_Fan

What more does Trey have to do in order to be in the every day line-up. He has been absolutely incredible. He is hitting major league pitching and is doing a good job learning a new position. The Orioles need to do whatever they can to make room for him in the every day line-up. Trade Kim or let Gentry go. I think those are your only two options.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd give him his tee shirt night then think about sending him down so he can play OF everyday.  His moonshots have been a blast, but I think everyone will be better served if he gets a couple of months of playing everyday.

I think Trey is getting just the right amount of playing time so far. If he keeps hitting he'll keep earning it.  His power has certainly been helpful especially while Trumbo and Davis have been relatively quiet. But he's a below average defender and there's reason to doubt how well his bat would do as a truly everyday player. 

Gentry should, and I think probably will, be the odd man out sooner or later when they decide to drop an outfielder. 

2 hours ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

What more does Trey have to do in order to be in the every day line-up. He has been absolutely incredible. He is hitting major league pitching and is doing a good job learning a new position. The Orioles need to do whatever they can to make room for him in the every day line-up. Trade Kim or let Gentry go. I think those are your only two options.

You know Mancini would have been perfect as the everyday DH on this team. Instead, they decided to re-sign Trumbo for 3 years, $37.5 million....

Leave well enough alone for now. I don't know why people assume because a guy is good in one role that he'll  be good in another role. Buck is spotting this kid just right. Let him get his feet under him in the majors. They'll put him in the every day lineup in due time. 

5 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

I ABSOLUTELY agree with every word you wrote. This boy is electric. With Manny, he is the "must see" at bat every night. Only he and Manny have that electricity. Mancini will also catch eyes and sell seats. Kim, Rickard, Gentry won't.

I'd much rather watch a Kim at bat than a Mancini at bat.

13 hours ago, bpilktree said:

Having an bop above .286 would help.  He has hit for power but that is about it.  The odd thing so far sss and all is he is hitting righties and been bad vs lefties.

It could be the quality of the RHP he's faced.  A struggling knuckleballer and a rule 5 guy. 

He's been good though. He looks better in the OF, although he misplayed a ball that led to two runs last night. 

Its safe to say that Kim was a little lucky last year. I think Buck believes that too. 

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

It could be the quality of the RHP he's faced.  A struggling knuckleballer and a rule 5 guy. 

He's been good though. He looks better in the OF, although he misplayed a ball that led to two runs last night. 

Its safe to say that Kim was a little lucky last year. I think Buck believes that too. 

And Mancini's homerun to flyball ratio isn't lucky? (it's at .429)

12 hours ago, backwardsk said:

I'd give him his tee shirt night then think about sending him down so he can play OF everyday.  His moonshots have been a blast, but I think everyone will be better served if he gets a couple of months of playing everyday.

So he can get called up and platoon?

He's producing so far in the majors, let him learn in the majors.

Archived